Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: Sprue plate handle

Boolit Master

Sprue plate handle

I thought sometime back I read that somebodies were adapting Lee 6 cavity sprue handles to other manufacturers molds?

Anybody tried putting any sort of a handle on say a 4-6 cavity MP or NOE mold?

Live to see pics cause i wanna do it, especially to my 4 cavity NOE mould that’s mounted backwards cause it won’t fit under my Lee 4-20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sukivel View Post
    I thought sometime back I read that somebodies were adapting Lee 6 cavity sprue handles to other manufacturers molds?

Anybody tried putting any sort of a handle on say a 4-6 cavity MP or NOE mold?

Live to see pics cause i wanna do it, especially to my 4 cavity NOE mould that’s mounted backwards cause it won’t fit under my Lee 4-20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've run 5 cavity NOE and 6 cavity MP under a Lee 4-20 at enough angle to miss the tower in back. From left in front to right in back, using the standard mold guide.

Leveraged sprue cutters can put more wear on the mold especially if the sprues get too cold. Just a thought.

MP 6 cavity has a leveraged cutter like the Lee.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Buddy

My MP 6 cavity has a Lee style sprue cutter handle on it. MP builds them that way.
    I'm pretty sure can add a Lee cam lever to Accurate moulds. He changed his sprue plate design a number of years ago to do this.
    Red River Rick sells replacement sprue plates for Lyman 4 cavity moulds that have a sprue cutter cam handle on them. His cam handles are also direct replacement for when you break the weak Lee ones.