MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyWideners
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost all my data

Lost all my data

Well the iPhone app I have been using to record all my developed loads and data has been eliminated, along with all my data. It was called “reload-IT”. It was a crappy app that I barely liked but given the lack of anything else suitable I was using it. It was cool because it was cloud based and so it would keep my data safe, across multiple devices, so I thought. Well, without even emailing me (which they did have my email, it’s how we logged in) they just evaporated. Needless to say I’m pretty bummed out. Lot of time and effort lost.

So, i dont think I’ll be looking to the digital world for my next solution for records. Seems as time goes by computers make zero advancements in safety, speed or security. Oh well.

So, I’d like a booklet that has fields and places for relevant data. Does anyone know of such a thing?

I think Lyman does.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I use excel spreadsheets and save all data on multiple computers. And I automatically backup all data weekly. I highly doubt MS Excel will be "evaporated" anytime soon.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

I made one, I printed a number of pages and then used a binding machine to turn it into a book. I put the same data into an excel spread sheet on my computer.My Load Data Record Book.pdf

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Here you go. This is off of Lyman's website.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fralic76 View Post
    I made one, I printed a number of pages and then used a binding machine to turn it into a book. I put the same data into an excel spread sheet on my computer.
    That is a nice load data log.
    Thanks for sharing.
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

Boolit Grand Master

Something to be said for being ....."so like last century" and using pre-analog......a pencil and paper...........
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Grand Master

I kept it simple. I made up my own. Using a plain old word processing program I have the following "format" I started using in '89;

Cartridge_________Date Loaded____Date fired____
    Bullet (mfg.)______Weight_______Lube__________
    Powder Charge (min & max)_________
    Case_____________
    Primer___________
    Other/Comments (crimp, alloy, etc. anything different about the load)_______________________________________

I have a file in my computer for each cartridge I reload and I occasionally print some of the entries and keep them in a 3 ring binder out in my shop (in case of an electronic/cyber OOPS!)...

I also use Avery Labels with their template using most of the above info. above for sticking on my reload boxes/bags...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Super Moderator Emeritus
    They fail. Electronic records are nice but paper in a book is always available
    I use both log things in my note book along with target cutout then put it in excel spread sheet on external hard drive

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    Something to be said for being ....."so like last century" and using pre-analog......a pencil and paper...........
    Electronic media , fancy apps and cloud storage systems are all wonderful, fine and good ....
    Until they dump you like yesterday's trash.
    Write stuff in a notebook , with a pen on paper...Oh My Lord how backwards and Low-Tech !
    Who would keep notes like this....Only us old school reloaders who don't trust "The Cloud" .
    Call Myself, Larry Gibson and our note books old school...cause we is !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Each rig here gets it's own pamphlet. Which is simply std typing paper folded in half. Each pamphlet is well marked on the front.All data in it applies to that particular firearm. It's a journal also in that there may be info from a tooling or parts standpoint that only has indirect data but,it still applies.When the rig goes to new home,it gets the pamphlet.

One of the reasons I handload and shoot CB's is relaxation..... to include hunting. For me,the last thing I want is more computer associated interface,YMMV.

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    I use 3 X 5" recipe cards; been doing it that way since back in the 60's; about 10 years after I started casting and reloading. I realized I was duplicating my mistakes and looked around for a system. I saw a recipe card box on the shelf and blank cards. the rest is history......and a lot of it documented. No one ever stole my cards or the history documented on them. Works for me; even today. Keeps it stupidly simple. KISS

Boolit Master
    I started with a nice boring five-subject notebook, devoted a section to each gun. "Data entry" is any format I want and every page is compatible with my Mk1 Mod 0 eyeball.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    A simple piece of paper and pen has worked well so far. Several little flip note books w data wrote down, get to a point I will type it up on a word processor. Print it, review it real easy.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm a dinosaur! Like many, I started loading long before there was electronic stuff available. I designed a form, in spreadsheet style that I use. I punch holes in the sheets and keep them in a 3 ring binder. Each caliber and sometimes individual guns have a page, or several. MTM makes one very similar.

I'm learning to use I-phones and computers but I have not learned how to trust them!

Boolit Master

I use Open Office spread sheat since i am too cheap to use Microsoft. I have note books i write in as i go. Then eventually every so often i convert everything over to digital storage. I have a spread sheet realoading long and text document diary. I keep like 3 copies of the digital data that all sync. One local drive, one cloud, one thumb drive and when it syncs to cloud it syncs rhe folders and files on my phone and second computer.

Maybe when i die my kids can publish it as my memoirs. Ode to Dads Addiction: The Chronicles of a closet cast and Reloader.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master
    When I shoot test targets that turn out reasonably well I keep them, write the load data on it, and put it in a 3-ring binder. If it's a terrible load I put a note in the binder that it was a terrible load and may or may not keep the target. When room gets tight in the binder I'll write the "terrible accuracy" loads on a piece of notebook paper and throw away the bad load targets. The targets make interesting browsing when seeing what may or may not have worked many years ago.

Boolit Master

I do my initial record keeping in a 3 ring binder. Also input load data and comments into MS Excel since sorting and summarizing data is useful to me. I have several different backups. I do recognize that hard copy files can be lost or destroyed in many different ways, so I'm hard copy and digital.

Boolit Master
    Notebooks, dividers, tabs, paper, pens, pencils and cut targets and can put in notebook. Has worked great for several decades without a charge, cord or crash! Also you do not need to thumb and finger to read and see THE page, IMHO it's not all progress.

Boolit Master
    I print out, as needed, one of the templates shown here, and keep everything in a 3 ring binder.
    http://gunloads.com/album.php?albumid=11
    https://wbrpc.org/

genealogy, another area of interest

feedback - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...9613-czech_too

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast