Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue Dot and cold weather?

Boolit Buddy
    Been using it for years for my pheasant loads. Never a problem. I think this is incorrect information. I have never heard of cold temp messing with blue dot more than any other powder.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    So why did they come out with steel then? To fix the cold weather problems with bluedot! And for you info! I have talked to the powder guys at Hodgdon and the guys at Hornady and they say they can make a SEE on command with a 6mm and a 6.5mm so they are real and they know what makes them happen. I have already posted the names and phone #'s for these people before. about this. Like I said before. Been around this a little longer than some of the others. And have more inside info than others as well.

I have some very good friends that are company owners inside the waterfowl manufacturing community. Lets say I have seen and used a lot of stuff others were never able to. Have talked to and got data from companies that was not available to the public in the early years. So yes I had privileged info.

Here is another thing you are missing. I am talking only about steel shot reloading. I HOPE! You know it is not the same as regular shot reloading as to the pressures involved? This is where the BD had its problems.

I am done with this. Reply if you want. I will not anymore
    Yes, I loaded steel shot for 10 years before I realized it was pointless. Factory ammo is too cheap, and effective now. 90% of that time was with Bluedot too. Not one, and I mean not a single blooper in all that time. I used it in 12, and 10 gauge steel shot, and now in 16,12, and 10 gauge bismuth. I've used it in every handgun and rifle I own. I'm not going to talk big, I'm just a regular guy. I don't know much, but I know my way around Bluedot powder. I can't stand people like you who spout garbage, smack talking a product that has existed for almost 47 years now!

STEEL powder exists for the simple reason that Bluedot cannot provide the velocities people wanted from steel shot. That's it. STEEL powder was originally known to be hard to ignite, as a guy like you would know. It too is a good powder, just a much more limited range of load data.

Here’s a pretty good article:

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/bp...coldpowder.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Yes, I loaded steel shot for 10 years before I realized it was pointless. Factory ammo is too cheap, and effective now. 90% of that time was with Bluedot too. Not one, and I mean not a single blooper in all that time. I used it in 12, and 10 gauge steel shot, and now in 16,12, and 10 gauge bismuth. I've used it in every handgun and rifle I own. I'm not going to talk big, I'm just a regular guy. I don't know much, but I know my way around Bluedot powder. I can't stand people like you who spout garbage, smack talking a product that has existed for almost 47 years now!

STEEL powder exists for the simple reason that Bluedot cannot provide the velocities people wanted from steel shot. That's it. STEEL powder was originally known to be hard to ignite, as a guy like you would know. It too is a good powder, just a much more limited range of load data.
    Hey buddy, your are getting pretty huffy aren't you? I did not lie in my post. If you did not experience similar issues I suppose you did not, but that does not mean that anybody else has not.

Thanx for the post BT.
    May you hands be warmed on a frosty day.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Trail View Post
    Here’s a pretty good article:

https://www.ballisticproducts.com/bp...coldpowder.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks BT, that was an interesting article ...