RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
Lee PrecisionPBcastcoInline FabricationReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: Revelation model 110

Revelation model 110

I recently bought this rifle for $100 to find out that it didn't feed correctly. After a much needed cleaning- then shooting - and tweaking the lifter and guides; it's working pretty well. Even with the rear sight bottomed out, it still shot very high(1'@ 40yds) so I mounted an old Bushnell 4x Sportview on it with Leupold Rifleman vertically split rings( not a fan).
    Focusing the scope was strange. If I got the image clear, the crosshairs weren't sharp. If I got the crosshairs sharp, the image wasn't sharp. Oh well, free scope, split the difference...
    It sighted in easily and I pegged a piece of pallet that I stuck in the target. The lead smear shows on the target. CCI Standard Velocity ammunition.
    So, this gun reminds me of a Mosin Nagant I had long ago. It was very accurate, too.
    But working the bolt sounds like a bulldozer idling by.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Nice rifle!
    Last edited by cwtebay; 05-02-2022 at 03:13 PM.

My first 22 rifle was similar - a Revelation/Western Auto that looked the same except for being a single-shot. As I recall, they were made by Mossberg.

Yours is missing the plastic cap bolt retainer on the back of the receiver I believe.

Mine was a real nail driver, and as I graduated on to other 22's I was shocked to realize that they didn't all shoot as well. Me and that rifle were responsible for the extinction of every rock chuck, digger squirrel, magpie, blue-jay in a pretty large area that could be covered by the steps of a twelve year old boy. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

This one is a Marlin product, the only plastic on it is the spiffy chrome plated trigger guard and the buttplate. The bolt shroud is factory shaped to match the slope of the rear of the receiver.
    I know what you mean, hoodat- I learned to shoot with Dad's 511 Remington and I definitely noticed that a lot of other .22 rifles weren't as true as it was!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Focusing the scope was strange. If I got the image clear, the crosshairs weren't sharp. If I got the crosshairs sharp, the image wasn't sharp.
    Sounds familiar. Sadly, it's our eyes. I have found that if I wear my reading glasses then I can focus both target and cross hairs. Now I know it's my eyes because a few short years ago, (more than just a few years ago actually) I could focus my scopes just fine. I have a loose lens from reading glasses and if I hold that onto the eyepiece, I can focus properly. I'll probably hot glue it onto one of my scopes.

On the plus side, some of my scopes still focus for me. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be happy or sad.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

I dug deeper in the scope locker and found a Chinese "sunglass" 3x9 scope that focused and sighted in perfectly. I put 10 Remington Golden hp into 1-1/4"@ 40yds. I think it'll hunt. Operationally, it's no Remington 512 but it is accurate.
    The objective lens on the scope is like an orange mirror and the image has a light green tint- hence the nickname.....

I tried to keep 18 shots together but I wibble sometimes. CCI Standard velocity LR.
    It says S-L-LR on the barrel; but Shorts ended up with a right side up stovepipe above an upside down stovepipe......
    Time for parts if I can find them.