MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2WidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Hg 275

Boolit Buddy

Hg 275

I got a new 8 cavity 9mm mold from MP Molds last week in the HG 275 style. I have had a Lyman 356402 mold for years, but have never had much luck with it. I really like the length of the driving bands(bearing surface) on this HG 275. Longer than any 9mm bullet I have, almost as long as my Lyman 358477 38/.357 bullet.
    But loading it seems to require a little different technique. I've always loaded the Lyman bullet according to the book. But during a load session yesterday I found that my while 9mm barrels(9x19 and 9x23) require seating with the front band almost flush with the case mouth, my 38 Super barrels can handle the bullet seated much further out. I have 38 Super barrels from BarSto, Colt, and Remsport, and they all can handle the longer bullet length.
    So, I loaded up a batch, and I will be off to my favorite shooting spot tomorrow to test them out.
    I've attached pics of one loaded round of each caliber, and pics of my 9mm bullets.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181029_060315.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	229538

Lyman 356402, HG 275, Saeco 383, Dardas SWC.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181029_060821.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	229539
    Last edited by Sailormilan2; 10-29-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Boolit Mold
    How are you liking it? I'm looking for an 8 cavity mold for high volume production for IDPA/USPSA competition and ran accross this one on MP Molds. Haven't found much feedback on it thus far. I'll be loading it in 9mm primarily. With the super long driving bands, I'd imagine you have to seat them pretty deep?

Boolit Buddy
    I like it, though I haven't done a lot of load work up. It has a defined shoulder, so it cuts clean, easy to see holes. My old Lyman 356402 mold does not have a defined shoulder, and just tears holes in the paper. I just loaded some of the HG275 and I had to load them a bit over 1.01+".
    Last edited by Sailormilan2; 12-24-2018 at 09:13 AM.