StainLess Steel MediaWidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Graf & Sons
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .22 rimfire ammo carriers

Boolit Master

I also use a soft cloth zippered pouch.
    I think it was a small makeup pouch from my wife....dale

Boolit Master
    I like your idea! I used to frequent a not-so-local bank to "klept" a couple of their ball-point pens. A larger diameter than most, I discovered that taking out the ink cartridge, and leaving the spring in, is a very discrete, nifty way to carry ten rounds (in two 'pens'). They stay clean, don't rattle, and -- as I almost always (old Bullseye shooter) load FIVE rounds -- for me, it works. And, again, quite discrete.
    geo

Boolit Master

I bet one of the old change holders that opened when squeezed would work as good today as it did for my late Father.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    I bet one of the old change holders that opened when squeezed would work as good today as it did for my late Father.
    Oh my goodness! I haven't thought about those things for 50 years.

We use to get them with the football schedule printed on them, (or just about any sort of advertisement) with a bead chain on one end for our car keys. Everyone had one hanging off the steering column and it was handy for parking meter change. Never thought about using them for 22s.
    Liberals don't know they're stupid in the same way a fish does not know it is wet. It is just their natural state of being.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    That is cool, cwlongshot. What did you attach it with?
    On board ammo carriers are De Riguer for our Toppers scattered around the place. I'm not sticking one on my Remington 510, but the Rossi Matched Pair? Heck yeah.
    I Sanded the spot and epoxied it to the stock.!

CW
    NRA Life member NRA Certified Pistol & Shotgun Instructor NRA Certified Rifle Coach Certified Range Officer Reloading Instructor
    REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    A company in Idaho purpose-built leather .22 rimfire ammunition carriers using that exact same spring clasp mechanism. It had a belt slot to thread it on your belt and a supple plastic liner inside to keep the lube from coating the inside leather and becoming a gunk trap. I have had mine for probably 40 years now, the inside plastic has cracked and broken from use, but everything else is still as good as the day it was new. I can't imagine how many .22's have made their way through that thing over the years, and I still use it if I am out with a .22.

Beeman bought the rights to the carrier but apparently no longer makes them. Look identical to mine, except mine is a cordova brown, rather than black.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BN-7290_BPP.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	230347

The leathersmith in Kalispell who does all our leather repairs and builds, says he will build as many as I want if I can find him a source for the clasp spring closures at the top. I don't even know the proper name for that kind of closing mechanism.

I have all the rimfire ammunition pouches I need for this lifetime, but I have run into lots of people who would like one for themselves

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12