WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: .22 rimfire ammo carriers

Boolit Master

I also use a soft cloth zippered pouch.
    I think it was a small makeup pouch from my wife....dale

Moderator Emeritus

I like your idea! I used to frequent a not-so-local bank to "klept" a couple of their ball-point pens. A larger diameter than most, I discovered that taking out the ink cartridge, and leaving the spring in, is a very discrete, nifty way to carry ten rounds (in two 'pens'). They stay clean, don't rattle, and -- as I almost always (old Bullseye shooter) load FIVE rounds -- for me, it works. And, again, quite discrete.
    geo

Boolit Master

I bet one of the old change holders that opened when squeezed would work as good today as it did for my late Father.

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    I bet one of the old change holders that opened when squeezed would work as good today as it did for my late Father.
    Oh my goodness! I haven't thought about those things for 50 years.

We use to get them with the football schedule printed on them, (or just about any sort of advertisement) with a bead chain on one end for our car keys. Everyone had one hanging off the steering column and it was handy for parking meter change. Never thought about using them for 22s.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    That is cool, cwlongshot. What did you attach it with?
    On board ammo carriers are De Riguer for our Toppers scattered around the place. I'm not sticking one on my Remington 510, but the Rossi Matched Pair? Heck yeah.
    I Sanded the spot and epoxied it to the stock.!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    A company in Idaho purpose-built leather .22 rimfire ammunition carriers using that exact same spring clasp mechanism. It had a belt slot to thread it on your belt and a supple plastic liner inside to keep the lube from coating the inside leather and becoming a gunk trap. I have had mine for probably 40 years now, the inside plastic has cracked and broken from use, but everything else is still as good as the day it was new. I can't imagine how many .22's have made their way through that thing over the years, and I still use it if I am out with a .22.

Beeman bought the rights to the carrier but apparently no longer makes them. Look identical to mine, except mine is a cordova brown, rather than black.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BN-7290_BPP.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	230347

The leathersmith in Kalispell who does all our leather repairs and builds, says he will build as many as I want if I can find him a source for the clasp spring closures at the top. I don't even know the proper name for that kind of closing mechanism.

I have all the rimfire ammunition pouches I need for this lifetime, but I have run into lots of people who would like one for themselves

Boolit Master
    For you lovers of Seagram's Crown Royal, save those nice fancy bags the bottles come in. Some of the suppliers of black powder stuff might have bullet or ball bags. Usually they are made of leather with maybe a draw string closure.My wife has a stash of different cosmetics that come in different size plastic jars which if your married might be a good idea for storing 22 ammo when your out in the field. How about the little metal bandaid tins.Frank

The bandaid tins bend and come open too easily in your pocket and they rattle. Other than that, they are a perfect size.

Boolit Master
    I used a rock climbing chalk bag when hunting with my single shot rifles,for a while. Seems I've come full circle ( or regressed?)) and now just drop them in my jacket pocket now/again. Rereading this, I think I'll appropriate one of our glasses bags with the drawstring. Still keep a couple loose in the pocket but the bag will let me dispense with the cardboard box. Thanks for the thread/ideas!
    Last edited by rking22; 11-16-2018 at 07:53 PM.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

Use a magazine from your 22 auto pistol.

Boolit Master

Ted Cash has a brass or German-silver snuff can holder.. Recommend German silver for the snuff and the brass one one for ammo. Brass tasteing Copenhagen, not so good!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by sukivel View Post
    Does anyone make something similar now? That’s cool. Got any pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    this link has photos of one just like mine, seems they are a collecters item now

https://forum.cartridgecollectors.or...l-a-shell/4809
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    That looks quite 3d-printable. I need to get my 3d printer working...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    That's the way I carried my 22 ammo since I was old enough to hunt alone. I had a blow
    out in the old tobacco pouch about 10yrs ago. Couldn't find another and now have some
    kind of pouch made of nylon that sunglasses came in. It was best thing to carry ammo
    quietly and cleanly. Fit in back pocket like a wallet.
    Reminds me of the leather pouch I had back in the early sixties. It was flat with a tapered neck that allowed you to squeeze the sides and pour out however rounds you needed. It was made by one of the holster companies. Like many of my childhood items it has disappeared.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    That looks quite 3d-printable. I need to get my 3d printer working...
    if you succeed, I would be interested in buying a couple. mine still works fine but it works so well I would like some more.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    Empty "Altoids" Tins with a piece of soft Foam inserted works well to keep my wildcat .25 Stevens Long CF cartridges in.
    Thgey should also work for .22 RF cartridges.
    Another Use is with a cut down hard foam cartridge holder in it; I use them for 'acorn' blanks to use with my RF Adapter cartridges.

A .32 Long Adapter, a "acorn' .22 blank, some BP and a.32 Heeled bullet works fine in a Stevens Single shot fitted with a .22 Breech block and a .32 Long barrel. No need to worry a?bout orientation of the adapter in the rifle.
    And reloading the adapter at the range is all hand operations.

Chev. Wiliam

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    rancher1913 - If I do that I'd have to go Vendor Services unless I just made a few? We'll see. Might do it

Chev. William - An "Altoids Smalls" tin might work well too, and is smaller. Even 22 WMR rounds will fit in there.

Altoids Tin Dimensions: 3-13/16" (9.68 cm) long, 2-7/16" (6.19 cm) wide, 3/4" (1.91 cm) deep
    Altoids Smalls Tin Dimensions: 2 1/2" L X 1 5/8" W X 1/2" H

.22 LR Dimensions: Overall length 1.000 in (25.4 mm)
    .22 WMR Dimensions: Overall length 1.350 in (34.3 mm)

Boolit Master

I used and still use (have one left) of the old Herter's slip top 50 round .22 boxes. Easy to open and is more or less waterproof. It has made many canoe trips with me. Seems like I've seen the pop open plastic change purses on evil bay before./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master
    I've used copenhagen cans for years. Like them better now that snuff comes in a plastic can.

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by beagle View Post
    I used and still use (have one left) of the old Herter's slip top 50 round .22 boxes. Easy to open and is more or less waterproof. It has made many canoe trips with me. Seems like I've seen the pop open plastic change purses on evil bay before./beagle
    I wouldn't be surprised if you and I are the only 2 people here that own any of them. Like the dummy I am, back when they were available I figured they would be available forever so gave several away leaving me with 2 or 3. My only compliant was when they got cold and my fingers were also cold, it was almost impossible to slip the top off, and when it did finally give, so did the ammo, right out on the ground or better yet into two feet of snow. However, I still like them and use then to carry ammo in the glove compartment of my vehicles.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast