WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: Rcbs 100 grain flat nose in 6mm Remington

Rcbs 100 grain flat nose in 6mm Remington

Does anyone load the Rcbs 100 grain flat nose in the 6mm Remington,If so what are your results with it ?

Boolit Master
    My 6mm boolits sized to 244 are 87 gr from an older Lyman mold. My wife's three year old 243 shoots like a house afire with that boolit in front of 11 gr of Unique. On the other hand, my 53 year old Model 600 6mm, doesn't like any cast load I have tried in it. You never know what a barrel will like since each has a different personality. You are embarking on an adventure with powders like Unique, RE7, 5744, 3031, or you might get lucky like my wife with the first load.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Nice to hear someone shooting a 6mm Rem. That was my main bench rest cartridge thirty years ago. I still have two rifles. You amost have to reload today, because they are really hard to find for sale. I still have some brass and have been thinking about loading some. I don’t have a mold so will have to start with jacketed bullets.

The question I have is, are you gas checking your boolits? I’ve been fooling with a 6.5mm and can’t get anything without gas checks. If you are getting good results in the .243 without GCs, that would be interesting to me. GCs really ups the costs.

I am feeding a 788 Remington with the Rcbs 95 grain cast made from WW and 2% tin added then heat treating them at 450 for 1 Hour, lubing them with Carnuba Red, sizing to .244 and loading them over IMR 4227 and getting consistent groups at 100 yards under a inch. Just picked up the Rcbs 100 grain flat nose and going to try them over some RL-7 and some IMR 4227. I have cast for rifle and pistol for many years and for multiple calibers and the 6MM Remington has got to be one of my favorite calibers to cast for
    Last edited by leadhead 500; 10-29-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by leadhead 500 View Post
    I am feeding a 788 Remington with the Rcbs 95 grain cast made from WW and 2% tin added then heat treating them at 450 for 1 Hour, lubing them with Carnuba Red, sizing to .244 and loading them over IMR 4227 and getting consistent groups at 100 yards under a inch. Just picked up the Rcbs 100 grain flat nose and going to try them over some RL-7 and some IMR 4227. I have cast for rifle and pistol for many years and for multiple calibers and the 6MM Remington has got to be one of my favorite calibers to cast for
    Are you gas checking them?

I gas check all of my rifle bullets, about the only thing I shoot plain base bullets in is revolver loads

First 15 shots out of an old 700V "straight 6" with,4759 RCBS95g went into a single raged hole @100. Was just dinking around out back meaning,slapped a Harris bipod on just checking the load... vs.... dragging out custom built heavy BR equipment.

Don't shoot that rig much because I'm too lazy to drag it around hunting. Use that same CB in a cpl other rigs.A 243 encore with a stainless fluted brrl. It does pretty good...don't shoot it much. The best pure hunting rig is a round back Savage #10 243. It finally settled down after a cpl hundred rounds.It was bad about throwing the first shot,but is now very predictable and can produce wallet groups off a bench. Too lazy to look up loading but it's not loaded real heavy.... probably around 2200fps. It would be a lot nicer with a better trigger.

I have shot the Rcbs 95 in a couple different 243 with RL-7 powder and got under a inch group at 100 yards

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by leadhead 500 View Post
    I gas check all of my rifle bullets, about the only thing I shoot plain base bullets in is revolver loads
    I gas check 6.5mm and .30 cal, but find l don’t need to with my powder coated .45-70 rounds (405&500grs).