Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baikal (Remington) 45-70 Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    You will get good at one handedness for sure! Another thing- my physical therapy seemed to be going nowhere because my shoulder was "froze up". My surgeon had me knocked out and "cracked it loose" in his words. What a difference! I finished therapy in one week afterwards.
    Please post your project as you progress on it; particularly the barrel regulation. One more thing; you'll be tempted to shoot rifles weak side- wait till your doc says ok. I shot my 25-06 once and it jarred my money shoulder BAD.
    Good luck!
    Thanks for the tips. Froze up shoulder oh no Joy lol. Yes, a high recoil rifle on the weak side could really shock/twist the right side I guess.
    hoku

I am going to be 69 pretty soon. I have gone through the 45-70 and big rifle thing and decided I do not need them. Tried a 243 for a couple of yeas and it is an enjoyable low recoil rifle to shoot. Now have a 6.5 Creedmoor and think it will be my deer rifle. Low recoil and so far I have seen excellent performance on deer. Were I hunting bigger game maybe I would use a bigger rifle, but I would not be too afraid to try a 223 on deer if the need arose.

DEP

Quote Originally Posted by northmn View Post
    I am going to be 69 pretty soon. I have gone through the 45-70 and big rifle thing and decided I do not need them. Tried a 243 for a couple of yeas and it is an enjoyable low recoil rifle to shoot. Now have a 6.5 Creedmoor and think it will be my deer rifle. Low recoil and so far I have seen excellent performance on deer. Were I hunting bigger game maybe I would use a bigger rifle, but I would not be too afraid to try a 223 on deer if the need arose.

DEP
    I am 75 and still into the big powder burners, though I dont know the future...now. For sure I will not ever get rid of the big bores. When to much recoil is not enough LOL

hoku

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123