Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Misfiring Marlin

Petander, ...My previous 1895 ,a 90's model, did not have this but the new 1895 SBL has it - and I didn't know!.................

Your new 1895 does not have it either, nor does any other Marlin. See what Gtek wrote. That is a full and perfect description of the Marlin locking system.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Just curious, do these big brothers of my .45lc 1894 Cowboy have the two piece firing pins? I replaced my 2 pc pins for the one piece which reduces the HUGE factory mainspring needed, makes for a much easier cycling of the action. Wouldn’t do anything to your lever safety, i lightened the spring on mine but it’s a cas competition gun not a hunter. Didn’t need to do anything else to slick it up.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cash View Post
    Petander, ...My previous 1895 ,a 90's model, did not have this but the new 1895 SBL has it - and I didn't know!.................

Your new 1895 does not have it either, nor does any other Marlin. See what Gtek wrote. That is a full and perfect description of the Marlin locking system.
    You are absolutely correct,I got sort of confused here by reading and looking at the mechanism. I don't test fire my guns in bedroom at night.

I have completely dissassembled my earlier Marlins but memory being what it is...

Anyway, my SBL says bang just fine after letting the hammer rest, safety off,fully down. No "reset" of any kind needed.

Thank you for the correction. I was thinking too complicated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12