Reloading EverythingRepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
Load Data

Thread: lyman 450 handle

Boolit Buddy

lyman 450 handle

I recently purchase a lyman 450 on ebay and now I am in search of a handle. found one on lyman site but I was wondering if any one had come with an idea that I could get at the hardware store thanks

Boolit Master
    Later 4500s have a round bar handle that can be swapped onto a 450 if you change out the ram too.
    You might advertise for the old style handle. There are bound to be some 450 handles that owners replaced with the 4500 handle.
    EDG

Boolit Buddy
    well I found out the threads are 3/8 12 so I purchased a foot of all thread and we will see how it goes, might be too soft and bend but its worth a try

I purchased a used Orange Crusher press of our own S&S forum. To make the story short...just the handle got lost in transit. I just purchase a replacement from Lyman directly. It was the easiest thing to do. It wasn't too expensive and they had it to me in 3 days. Sometimes, its just not worth struggling with making something yourself.

[EDIT] - BTW...ebay has someone selling just the handle for a 450/4500 for about $25 shipped. Just not sure if its really correct for the 450. It doesn't look right for the 450. (and I don't have one to compare with.)

redhawk
    Last edited by redhawk0; 10-29-2018 at 02:10 PM.

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

In Remembrance

I upgraded both 450`s I have with the newer handle and ram kits. I`ll look around as I think I still have 1 left of the originals.Robert

Boolit Buddy
    thanks for the replies and information
    rrh

Boolit Master
    It seems I recently replied to the this on a different forum or thread.If you bought the 450 off Ebay recently that I was watching it has a 4500 handle conversion done to it.It was missing the short threaded handle.If the all thread doesn't work order the part from Lyman.They aren't expensive.Just checked Lyman's replacement parts website.The handle alone is $11.03 plus shipping.

Boolit Master
    I am confused, are you guys talking about the Lyman Lube sizer # 450? If you are they don't have a threaded handle.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    Lyman sells a conversion kit or at least parts to convert the handle on the 450 to the 4500 style.I believe the 450 in question has a 4500 style setup missing only the handle.I have four 450's;two with the original handle;two with the 4500 handle.Personally I wouldn't upgrade unless I broke the original handle.Unless the lube sizer is used for things it's not intended for the original handle won't break.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master
    I have an orange 450 which uses a handle that threads into the mechanism. it is a straight piece of metal covered with a dark rubbery something, and is threaded for 3/8 x 24 fine, male. No red handle, no ball.
    I have other 450's which are different vintages, colors, setups, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MN91311 View Post
    I have an orange 450 which uses a handle that threads into the mechanism. it is a straight piece of metal covered with a dark rubbery something, and is threaded for 3/8 x 24 fine, male. No red handle, no ball.
    I have other 450's which are different vintages, colors, setups, etc.
    I have a 450 with the same type of handle and the threads got worn out on me. I took the handle and the part that it threaded into to my gunsmith and he fix it for me that to still threaded but the other way around .that way if it happened again he just have to remove the rubber cover and replace the rod and thread the inside of it
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA