Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee Precision
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: So tell I’m paranoid

Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    As far as pulling to the left, those sights are drift adjustable and can be moved.
    I’m thinking JB got the jerking nailed, when I did my part it was pretty near dead on, it’s me, not the gun! But 5” groups at 5-7yds, with a brand new gun, different ammo, and keeping an eye on my 13yo, I’m content. That’s full mag dumps, 13 and 16rds, better than I ever did with a Glock. Guy at the range said he could teach me to shoot a Glock like this for $200!
    JB: the LCR ended up with a longtime friend of mine, so I think it all worked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Boolit Master
    I am glad it worked out for ya.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

As am I sir!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	134C6294-981F-48D9-B0E3-B335879DC240.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	230182Click image for larger version. 

Name:	020B3E21-08B0-4226-9C63-9A80C8460ABE.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	230183Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F951C934-26A6-4F2A-89C2-83C1E58A691F.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	230184Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37F3182C-6A18-452E-8FC4-BC8CA01A6B97.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	230185
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

I wouldn't want to be standing in front of that for sure.

Got an email my mags and bag are on their way, that’s quick! I just wish I knew if they were 16 or 13rd mags coming. Doesn’t matter much, but I do want another 13rd to carry because it’s so much smaller.

Addendum: I just noticed this thread was rated 5stars! Not sure if it was me, or if the topic was near and dear to many, but thank you all for the great advice and support, whether I listened or not, lol! I hope it’s helped someone else, somehow. Seriously, thank you all! I’ve no idea how I can repay the extreme kindness I’ve been afforded on this forum!
    Last edited by sawinredneck; 11-13-2018 at 10:20 PM.

The mags they are sending should be identical to what was supplied with the pistol. I have used the gear up deal 3 times over the years and each time that was what was sent.
    I just received the latest batch today.

Well, I carry the SCCY 9mm. Two extra mags. Need more practice getting gun into firing position quicker. Shoots decent groups. My worry is that under duress and real live issues that could happen, my little three inch groups at seven yards likely would be much bigger. Practice, good practice developing good muscle memory and such is what I need to focus on and when in a stressed situation happens and could perform much better. Oh and the little SCCY has a heavy trigger and the guarantee goes with the gun not just the first owner.

Being fast is great if you can manage it. Being accurate is as good as most can hope for.
    I left fast behind me many years ago. I am as accurate now as I have ever been. I certainly hope I am cold blooded enough to deal with whatever situation arises without undue concern.

The mags they are sending should be identical to what was supplied with the pistol. I have used the gear up deal 3 times over the years and each time that was what was sent.
    I just received the latest batch today.
    LOL!!! And, again, which mags are those?
    I’m sorry sir, Springfield kinda made a mess with these guns, you get one, flush fitting 13rd, then one 16rd with the grip extension, SOOOO, am I getting three 16’s? Three 13’s? Or a random mix match of what they have on hand?
    Sorry Taxman, not picking on you, but I hope you get my confusion now? 16’s are great, 13’s are great, I’m easy, I just know I’d like another 13 and the 16’s are cheaper, sooooooko.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBearHair View Post
    Well, I carry the SCCY 9mm. Two extra mags. Need more practice getting gun into firing position quicker. Shoots decent groups. My worry is that under duress and real live issues that could happen, my little three inch groups at seven yards likely would be much bigger. Practice, good practice developing good muscle memory and such is what I need to focus on and when in a stressed situation happens and could perform much better. Oh and the little SCCY has a heavy trigger and the guarantee goes with the gun not just the first owner.
    I’ve NEVER, and still don’t, badmouth the SCCY pistols! I’ve turned many a friend in need onto them and they’ve all been happy! In all honesty I wouldn’t be afraid or ashamed of carrying one! They are an excellent gun! I still think I’ll get a Diamondback DB9, well, just because. BUT. I know it will need work to sort out known problems. SCCY, they’ve sorted these out, early on, and have created a reputation that is beyond reproach for such a new company! I can only wish Diamondback could follow suit, but..
    If you are getting 3” groups at 7yds, shoot the **** thing and enjoy it! Oddly, for such a small pistol, they are FUN to shoot! Those pistols aren’t right! You can literally shoot 200rds and not feel beat up! At this point at least, I WILL NOT badmouth them! If you read through this tread, I mentioned them several times, and not in jest!
    Enjoy your gun, I’m tickled you like it as much as you do, which isn’t hard! Please update us as the groups tighten up, as I’m sure they can and will!

Quote Originally Posted by sawinredneck View Post
    LOL!!! And, again, which mags are those?
    I’m sorry sir, Springfield kinda made a mess with these guns, you get one, flush fitting 13rd, then one 16rd with the grip extension, SOOOO, am I getting three 16’s? Three 13’s? Or a random mix match of what they have on hand?
    Sorry Taxman, not picking on you, but I hope you get my confusion now? 16’s are great, 13’s are great, I’m easy, I just know I’d like another 13 and the 16’s are cheaper, sooooooko.
    LOL,,I see your problem now. In some respects, I wish they had given an option for magazine capacity choice. The pistols I purchased came with only one size magazine so I didn't have your issue.

LOL,,I see your problem now. In some respects, I wish they had given an option for magazine capacity choice. The pistols I purchased came with only one size magazine so I didn't have your issue.
    Right? Am I getting two 13’s and a 16 with a sleeve, or... too tired to do all the combos, lol.

Got my Springfield gear in today, I have to say the range bag is nice, really nice, much nicer than I’d expected. Double thickness, nicely padded and more room than I’ll use for this gun.
    The included mags are the 16rd versions with the included mag sleeves in FDE. No biggie, I’ve got another 13rd on the way from Midway, just in case, a mag loader (I really miss my thumb!) and a Pearce grip +2 extension, not sure I’ll like it so I just got one for now.

To the o.p.

I may have missed it but you may consider lay away as a way to purchase another gun. Ten years ago the doctors made me quit working due to multiple sclerosis and if it wasn't for lay away I'd only have 1gun at a time. There are times I've sold guns to help speed up the process of getting the gun off lay away. Most guys say they would never sell a gun but those guys can still work and have a much larger gun budget than me and sounds like you also. So for me if a gun doesn't fit the job it was intended for or I don't like it for what ever reason down the road it goes in favor of hopefully one that will fill the need. Good luck on your search and purchase

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456