RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what ya using this season

Filled 1 archery tag with a carbon express piledriver 390.

For rifle season 45 70 marlin with 405 grain bullet and some blue dot should do the trick.
    For muzzleloader TC 50 cal and the lee real 320.

Good luck to all.

Boolit Master
    So far this year I have used a 50 cal CVA optima muzzleloader on an antelope buck, my 25-06AI on a buck and doe mule deer, and my 338 Lapua on a cow elk. I have another cow elk and a doe antelope tag yet. I’ll probably still pack my 338 for elk, but maybe my SBR with the 6.8 upper or maybe my 7-30 waters for the doe antelope.

I missed a nice 22” wide 142” 5x5 mule deer with my long bow, later in the season watched my buddy kill him in his bed with a 200 yard shot with a 6.5 Creedmoor.
    Last edited by dk17hmr; 10-27-2018 at 11:41 AM.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Boolit Grand Master
    vast amount of choices
    I forgot archery and ML
    for Archery its a Mathews Triax and ML it T/C Hawken 54 cal
    with accurate Molds REAL boolits or patched rb
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

I'm in
    Parker Tornado Cross Bow 2 Doe's already this year
    T/C System One 50 cal. 370 Maxi Ball ( from my mold ) over 90gr. FF / or 50 Cal. Renagade same load
    T/C contender 7-30 Waters 130 Sierra SSP over some H 4895
    Farm Land close quarters with roads , house's it will be 12ga. 870 Wingmaster with 3" 00 Buck
    I wish every one good luck and shoot straight .
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

Boolit Master
    Remington Model 700ti in 30-06

Boolit Master
    I want to try a 12 gauge slug. If he’s close enough my Glock 45 with pc’d cast. Far away would be my 25-06 or pc’d cast in an ar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Same as every year
    Nicest pic I’ve seen in a while...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I'll start with my nearly completed 35 Whelen Oberndorf 98 WW2 Mauser. It's in a cut down military stock, waiting patiently for me to finish and glass bed it's sporter stock, and add a single stage adjustable trigger. Shoots the RCBS 358-200 into 1" at 100 yds. Gas checked, powder coated, pushed by 30.5 gr surplus 4895 and a CCI250. Haven't chronoed this load yet. Waiting in the bull pen is a 1955 Winchester 94 in 30-30, sighted in with a Lee 311-170, 29 gr IMR 3031 doing the acceleration honors, also grouping very well.

It will be my .444 marlin launching a lee 310 at 1700 FPS , I was out for the early muzzle loader season with my TC hawkens but no luck . I have taken a few grouse with my shot loads for the marlin but no luck on deer yet

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Same as every year
    Looks like Penns woods are similar no matter what part of the state your in . Close in shooting where the deer just appear and disappear like ghosts in a matter of seconds . Good luck from the western side .
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    Took a doe in early antlerless season last week. I used my JM 1894 Marlin in .44 with a 265gr RD boolit over 2400. First deer with the little rifle.

I haven’t decided what rifle to drag out for buck season but it starts Thanksgiving week so I have time. Until then I’ll chase them with the xbow.

This one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Buddy
    I used my Marlin CB 45/70 with the Gould boolit a couple days ago on our early antlerless season.

The exit hole was pretty big! I don't know how it kept from getting into the intestines but glad it did. She dropped like a rock at 116 yards.

Next up is my Marlin 336, 30-30 with the NOE RD 165.

Boolit Master
    I think I'm gonna stick with the same as last year. Start out with my 12 ga pump, then my 54 cal Nee Englander, and use my Henry BBS 45lc for the laye doe season.

Boolit Master
    Focus this year is on filling my bull elk permit, first in line for that is my old reliable m700 7mag pushing 168 gr Berger VLDs, which I also took after mulie bucks opening weekend. Next up is the brush gun, my 7.7x58. Just got it so I dont have time to work out cast for it this season, so it's going to keep running 180 Speer rnsp for now. Will take at least one deer with it, and its along for the ride elk hunting in case. Have to do a write up on that rifle once i get it all out together, likely after the season.
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Banned
    tc encores for me. they both have 24" MGM barrels and they are in 444 marlin with a 300gr fn gc and a 500 linebaugh with a 460gr lfn gc.

Boolit Master
    First choice is Swedish mod 67 in 12.7x44. Second up is a 67/89 in 8x58RD. I have a scope on the 8mm and have already killed a coyote with it.
    Both guns shoot very well but due to amacular degeneration in my right eye Ive had to start shooting left handed. It seems really odd.
    Some people live and learn but I mostly just live

I think I’m going to go out with my 357 Blackhawk. I’ve been working with it and have gained enough confidence to take it out solo and feel confident in myself with a 50 yard shot opportunity should one present itself. If by the late season I haven’t had any luck, the the Rossi M92 in 357 will be employed.

Boolit Buddy
    dropped a good size doe at 30yds with my .54 flintlock in pa early muzzleloader season. ill carry it all season, for bear also. irishtoo

Boolit Master
    Ruger SRH 44 mag with swaged 300 grain boolits and cz 550fs 6.5x55 with warne verticle split rings and a vx3 leupold.
    Works well every year at deer camp. I also always take a couple iron sighted lever guns with cast for rainy or crappy weather.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast