Load DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: Winchester 69A

Banned

Winchester 69A

I've wanted a good one that was made late enough to be grooved for scope mounts ever since I was about 14 or so. Money and opportunity never came together, but did this afternoon.

My main workhorse .22 rifle is a Winchester 72A, same rifle only tube loading. It's a good one, but not near as nice as the 69A I got this afternoon and got a good deal on it. It came with a ten shot mag, so I ordered a couple of the regular, five shot ones. I plan to scope it with one of those Wolf Pup copies of the old baby Redfields that I'm hearing good things about.

I don't shot rimfires much anymore, but had always lusted after a Winchester 69A and nice Marlin 39A. Took care of the Marlin itch a few years ago, not I have the other one. Pretty good day for me.
    Last edited by richhodg66; 10-27-2018 at 06:06 AM.

I have a model 72A I have owned since I was 10 years old. She is kind of battered and beat up but still shoots minute of squirrel at 50 yards.
    I put a 4X Bushnell scope on it back about 1977, sighted it in, and have not had to change the sights since. It still shoots to point of aim. This is the only rifle I have ever owned that has done this.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Winchester 69A is a great small game gun; You can even still find mags for them, tho the price IS higher nowadays. Mine were all stolen, mumble.

Boolit Master
    You will like that setup, my grooved 69a wears a Lyman Alaskan, seemed fitting. The 69 is an awesome gun as well, tiny compared to the 69a.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Grand Master
    I grew up w/ a 69A. receiver drilled with a scope mount and a 4x weaver, it was a "never miss" for me. every week i'd cash in my roadside bottle collection (at 2 cents a bottle), walk to the hardware store and buy one box of .22's. (I was 13 years old) if there was any of my vast fortune left over, i'd walk another block to the red & white and squander the rest on penny candies.

my God, how things have changed for the worse!

Boolit Master
    Nice memories 725 a lot of BBs were purchased with 2cent bottles along the road on the way out to town .

I must have missed the pic?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I have a loose bolt handle. It is just staked. Can I just re-stake it?

Boolit Master
    I put some locktite in my M47 bolt handle joint and restaked. It is the single shot version of the 69A, same bolt. That was 10 years ago and still tight.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

In Remembrance

I can relate to your looking for a particular .22 rifle. My search was for a Remington 550-1 semi auto tube fed. It was the rifle that I learned on and grew up with. My Brother`s kid inherited it and promptly sold it for pennies on the dollar. It seems I always would hear about one and be to late getting it. I finally actually about tripped over one in a dusty old gun store. It is an early model that isn`t grooved for a scope, a previous owner had a Weaver scope rail installed on top for using a scope. It may be old and have the finish thin in places, but it`s what I`ve been looking for for the last 30 years.Robert