RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Savage 219?

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Are you tilting the breech, ejecting the brass in the air, and catching them in your hand as they come back down?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    The previous owner of the 219 I now have can tell you WHY you shouldn`t have the breech pointed at forehead level when breaking the action open. That `little` .30-30 case about dropped him to the floor!Robert

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    The previous owner of the 219 I now have can tell you WHY you shouldn`t have the breech pointed at forehead level when breaking the action open. That `little` .30-30 case about dropped him to the floor!Robert
    Mine will darn near put an empty Hornet case in orbit. Even a loaded round goes a long way if I don't catch it.

Boolit Buddy
    My 219 was refinished so many times the wood was 1/8 inch of the metal in some places.

I found Boyd's Gunstocks had replacements for the 219. Actually that stock will fit the 219,220, 94, and the model 24 O/U.

They are fisished and ready to bolt on.

"Do not dry fire a 219.
    It will break the firing pin.
    Good luck"

Don't pull the trigger with it open ether, it will break the pin when you close it also.

I have broke two pins in mine. my wife bought mine for me for $60.00 at a flea market in th mid 80's . I broke the pin dry firing it, note it took a few times but it did break. At the time I knew a guy going to gun smith school who fixed for me for the cost of the pin. years later with out thinking I pulled the triger with it open and broke it again.Now it just sits in the safe. I would like to get it fixed but just never get to it.
    We go through life trying to make the best decisions we can based on the best infomation we can find, that turns out to be wrong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123