Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
RepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ? a new mauser bolt action ?

Boolit Grand Master

? a new mauser bolt action ?

I understand there might be a new mauser bolt action rifle in production. was wondering if anybody knows about them or has any experience with one.

The Mauser M18 is new. Do a search on it; Franchi has one too. There are good reviews for both.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    ah ha ! m-18 was what I couldn't remember. hopeing someone has some hands on experience, out there, to give comments & opinion.

Or local gun store has one, smooth but they feel like the Remington 783s

Boolit Grand Master
    thanks 43pu. I've got the itch but not the scratch for a new .270 or .25-06. i'm saving my pennies and might even sell a couple safe queens. the hope / the idea of a new mauser looms. still want to hear from a shooter, though.

The first video that came up was by Outdoor Life and they were gushing over it. I'd buy one, it's all serious looking and very accurate and for a new Mauser- affordable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Looks better than that Remington 710 style thing they were selling a few years ago.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

Mauser has reintroduced a true M98 rifle. Not sure of availability yet, , but Rifle magazine did an article on it recently.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

I *think* the new 98 is only going to be a magnum action.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    A magnum price ,for sure...........if you want a true 98,get a Zastava,and you wont need a second mortgage.

A Ruger M77 MKll is a pretty close copy of a 98 when you think about it, but we are digressing from the Mauser M18. The low bolt lift is neat also, not sure how many lugs on the bolt.

Boolit Grand Master
    hope the m-18 turns out to be worthy of the mauser name. i'm getting real interested in one. need to hold one and would like to see it shoot

Boolit Bub
    Looks like they have the M98 a true mauser action. Offered in magnum and what looks like 2 wood grades in standard length action. Price tags on GB are about $8,000 standard, $10,000 magnum. Sure are nice...but I’ll stick to my Interarms/Zastava builds since I don’t have an extra 10 g’s sittin around!

Yep, me too!

Boolit Master

Wish Mauser the best with their M18. Got a H&R 340 that is a Zastava action but barreled by H&R in the late 80s. Still playing with this newly acquired G98 that Mauser built in 1917. Just need to find some 7.92x57 JS here in Afghanistan.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5752.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	229639Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5753.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	229640

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

I made a Chilean Mauser up for my daughter that someone had put a Remington 300 Savage barrel on and sporterized a non-collectable Turkish Mauser. Can't say they are anything special but I do like to take out the old 8mm on occasion. My brother in law still likes his Swedish Mauser (the old reliable. You would think a bolt action is a bolt action but they do kind of grab you for some reason.

DEP

Boolit Grand Master
    yep. there is just somethin' about a fine mauser

Boolit Master

I used to look forward to gun shows and various gun part catalogs, but now they are all about AR stuff. I’ve been shooting and collecting Mauser rifles since 1965 and sure do miss their availability. I do appreciate the collectibility and their increase in value. The only downside is the lack of interest when trying to sell any of my collection. I recently carried a couple of nicely professionally sporterized Mausers to a gun shop and the guy told me he was not interested in any military rifles. He said he would be lucky to get $200 for them. Needless to say, I politely left. No respect for a good M98 rifle.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Master
    the black rifle is here to stay and I am glad for all the new shooters but the walnut and blued rifles will come back in with premium prices for the likes of yours.
    Look twice, shoot once.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Grinch View Post
    I used to look forward to gun shows and various gun part catalogs, but now they are all about AR stuff. I’ve been shooting and collecting Mauser rifles since 1965 and sure do miss their availability. I do appreciate the collectibility and their increase in value. The only downside is the lack of interest when trying to sell any of my collection. I recently carried a couple of nicely professionally sporterized Mausers to a gun shop and the guy told me he was not interested in any military rifles. He said he would be lucky to get $200 for them. Needless to say, I politely left. No respect for a good M98 rifle.
    Isn't that a Bummer. My Turk has the notches for the 5 shot loading clip that was commonly used for speed loading. Would be tough to do that now that its scoped. Straight bolt was replaced with a sporter bolt to take the scope. Drilled and tapped for scope. Restocked. But its a "military rifle" . Same with my daughters rifle and my Brother in laws Swede. A sporterized military rifle is kind of an orphan. An old British SMLE in full battle dress went for $400 recently at an auction but a sporterized one that does not make a collector drool is about 150.

DEP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast