Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: Remington trigger class action settlement

Boolit Master

Remington trigger class action settlement

Vendor Sponsor

lancem I think your post would be much more effective if you pasted the body of text instead of just a link..

If you own certain Remington firearms, you may be eligible for benefits from a class action settlement.

A proposed nationwide Settlement has been approved in a class action lawsuit involving certain Remington firearms.

The Settlement has been upheld on appeal but an additional appeal may be filed.

The class action lawsuit claims that trigger mechanisms with a component part known as a trigger connector are defectively designed and can result in accidental discharges without the trigger being pulled.

The lawsuit further claims that from May 1, 2006 to April 9, 2014, the X-Mark ProŽ trigger mechanism assembly process created the potential for the application of an excess amount of bonding agent,
    which could cause Model 700 or Seven bolt-action rifles containing such trigger mechanisms to discharge without a trigger pull under certain limited conditions.
    The lawsuit contends that the value and utility of these firearms have been diminished as a result of these alleged defects. Defendants deny any wrongdoing.

Who’s included?

The Settlement provides benefits to:

1. Current owners of Remington Model 700, Seven, Sportsman 78, 673, 710, 715, 770, 600, 660, XP-100, 721, 722, and 725 firearms containing a Remington trigger mechanism that utilizes a trigger connector;

2. Current owners of Remington Model 700 and Model Seven rifles containing an X-Mark Pro trigger mechanism manufactured from May 1, 2006 to April 9, 2014 who did not participate in the voluntary X-Mark Pro product recall prior to April 14, 2015; and

3. Current and former owners of Remington Model 700 and Model Seven rifles who replaced their rifle’s original Walker trigger mechanism with an X-Mark Pro trigger mechanism.

What does the Settlement provide?

Settlement Class Members may be entitled to:

(1) have their trigger mechanism retrofitted with a new X-Mark Pro or other connectorless trigger mechanism at no cost to the class members;

(2) receive a voucher code for Remington products redeemable at Remington’s online store; and/or

(3) be refunded the money they spent to replace their Model 700 or Seven’s original Walker trigger mechanism with an X-Mark Pro trigger mechanism.

How can I obtain benefits?

Submit a Claim Form. You can submit a claim form electronically:

http://remingtonfirearmsclassactions.../triggerSelect

Claim Submission Instructions

Please fill out all sections with all requested information and hit “Submit Claim.” You will then see a screen indicating that your claim has been received. If you do not fully complete the form with the required information, and do not see confirmation that your claim has been received, your claim will not be processed.

If you have more than one qualifying firearm, you must submit a separate claim for each firearm. Please fill out all sections with all requested information for the first firearm for which you are seeking settlement benefits. Then complete the process again for each additional firearm for which you are seeking settlement benefits.

Please note that some of the benefits listed herein will not be provided until after the Parties’ Settlement Agreement has been finally approved by court order, but you may submit your Claim Form now. You will be notified if final approval is not achieved.

If you need assistance, please call Angeion at 1-800-876-5940

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RemTrigger1.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	229350
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

Thanks Doug, was in a hurry and wanted to post it before I left the house, wife was yelling what are you doing? We were "late"...

Vendor Sponsor

LOL!!! You're welcome sir!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

I have a 725 in 280 REM. Just filled in the form. They are giving me $10 coupon at Remington online store.
    Leo

Banned
    You do know that the rifles that were supposedly "defective" and are claimed to have fired, could never have the results duplicated?

Quote Originally Posted by 44magLeo View Post
    I have a 725 in 280 REM. Just filled in the form. They are giving me $10 coupon at Remington online store.
    Leo
    I would NOT send that treasure off to be ruined. Just my opinion; I like the Walker trigger. I've had one problem with one- frozen oil in -20 degree weather in the Cache Le Poudre mountains. Carb cleaner saved the hunt.

When this first came out about the trigger, on my 700 22-250 I went to talk with my gun smith and talk to him about it and he said bring in the rifle and he will go over it. What he found was in my is the lube they used at the factory that it would gum up in time it was the wrong lube they used. So after he clean it out and relube it no problems.The trigger is not the recall one also. He did say that it was not far from sticking like it done for others. That the write up and recall was for at the time.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

I have 7 of 'em and I'm not interested in submitting a claim.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I would NOT send that treasure off to be ruined. Just my opinion; I like the Walker trigger. I've had one problem with one- frozen oil in -20 degree weather in the Cache Le Poudre mountains. Carb cleaner saved the hunt.
    carb cleaner is probably the best degreaser I have used in a long time. My old 700 280 Ack IMP shoots 140 Noslers, 140 Barnes TX, and 175 Hornady's into a 1" group interchangeably and Remlin AINT getin' their paws on it. Carb clean it and squirt powdered graphite in it.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    You might check your Browning for salt wood.

I have to add the worst trigger I have ever used is on my Browning BLR.
    The best? Probably a Smith & Wesson K-38 made by the factory as a single action.

For range use a Remington 700 modified to be a 3 lever trigger works well as does a Canjar LP. I also like the standard Rem 40X triggers but those triggers are not really my preference on a hunting rifle. I don't hunt much anymore so no big deal.
    I did once get a M70 WIN FEATHERWEIGHT that left the factory with about a 6oz pull.
    It was excellent at the range but too light for hunting.
    Last edited by EDG; 01-21-2019 at 02:03 AM.
    EDG

Boolit Master

I checked if my 770 was involved. It's not thank God.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Load of #%&%#. Just layers trying to bankrupt another gun compamy.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RED BEAR View Post
    Load of #%&%#. Just layers trying to bankrupt another gun compamy.
    Yea, my thoughts too.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyB1 View Post
    Actually it was idiots who did not practice safe gun handling, killed their kid and hired a laWyer to get over their guilt.
    Well it was proven that something funny was going on when the lab technicians had no ability to replicate the malfunctions in those rifles that "had accidental discharge"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyB1 View Post
    ANY adjustable trigger can be adjusted to the point where it may cock but banging the butt on the floor will cause a discharge as may slamming the bolt closed. Dirt is also the enemy of any complex mechanism filled with parts, springs and close tolerances. The Walker trigger was not idiot proof which is why the only military who have them are snipers.

You can bang the butt of your 03/98/SMLE/M-1 on the ground until the stock shatters but it will not fire.
    CANT say that about an m-16.