WidenersLoad DataRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: Can you identify this ?

Banned

Can you identify this ?

Boolit Master

Last edited by skeettx; 10-24-2018 at 03:02 PM.
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Grand Master

What's the rectangle thing attached to the side? I only found one video on google, but the guy spoke so slowly and the video dragged on and on. Couldn't watch the whole thing though. Interesting press...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master

Last edited by skeettx; 10-24-2018 at 03:52 PM.
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

Early model of the EZY Loader. Later model had clearance (scallops) machined into the ram for the lock rings on the 7/8 -14 dies

There were special dies made to fit the center station for full length sizing, if you try to size cases using the left or right station, you take the chance of braking the aluminum "ears"

I have one of these along with the carrying case and the primmer feed. The feed is very finicky to use, and not often found in usable condition.
    Lyman made a few different accessories to fit this press, including a shot shell loading attachment as well as a rifled slug making kit.

Ken "pressman" can fill you in on most all of the details of these older presses.

Scott
    Last edited by dsh1106; 10-24-2018 at 08:36 PM.
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

I had a couple sets of those dies -- the 7/8 FL sizer was threaded from the "top" and screwed into the press from the bottom --

Use to have one, sold it to someone on this forum. I set up for 38 special but by threading the body on some lee dies so I could screw them in from the bottom. It work well. Don't remember who bought it.
    Paul G

I am Retired, I was tired yesterday and I am tired today!!!

Boolit Master
    The shell holders for the front stations are the J-type like for the Tru-Line Jr. The one for the right-hand station should have a spring “gate” on it, putatively to allow one primer at a time out of the Prime-O-Matic primer magazine and over onto the priming stake. If your setup doesn’t need that indispensable accessory, a toothpick or sewing needle, to “tease” the primer over on to the stake after getting through the gate, count yourself lucky. You have a good one.

Banned
    That one is actually the 2nd model of three variations. It uses an aluminum body and as dsh1106 says has the flat front frame. The 3rd model has scallops to allow for greater die lock ring clearance. These two stations are for neck expanding and bullet seating - never for case sizing as they are too weak. The sizing die fits in the center and under the slide making it tricky to get the die threaded into it. The die has to thread in from the bottom as it protrudes into the space between the handle links. Lyman made specific dies for this press because of this issue. I have used some Redding dies as they were small enough in body diameter to clear the threads.

The first model was made of cast iron and came in a top opening metal "toolbox". 2nd and 3rd models came in a side opening "toolbox". The design dates to 1935 and the Tru-Line press. The Easy Loader came out about 1948/49.
    The priming system is great in concept and Micky Mouse in operation. Original shellholders have a special track machined to allow the primers to flow to the case, later shellholders have a spring loaded gate that must be depressed to let individual primers through.

When Floodgate was on Castboolits he coined the name Queasy Loader to more accurately describe it.

It remains an interesting curio in the evolution of the reloading tool.

Ken

Boolit Master

Thanks Ken

Sent you a PM
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.