Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: The sword of GOD

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

The sword of GOD

The sword of the living GOD is his word . Your bible is the word . You possess all you need to achieve eternal life through grace and salvation offered by the one true living GOD . I have NEVER cared or asked someone's church or questioned their faith in GOD our creator . I have called down perverters of his word , blasphemers that tried to influence the unknowing . I believe his word can and does affect every area of our lives ..if we listen . I believe we are all on a different but same path to him when we try . I do not question your faith in him . Our brother Paul wrote more of our new testament than any other. At a time he was a persecutor and murderer of the faithful . But struck down by our Lord on the Damascus road and rendered blind he found GOD in his blindness .

Two thousand years ago our brother Paul wrote in Ephesians six instructions to us . Paul died after tribulation , trial , suffering beyond shipwrecks , persecution , scourging , hate , imprisonment . But he upheld the sword of his GOD ! The word of GOD we have been given . We will make the choice whether to use it or not . Yep ! It's that simple

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it

fearlessly, as I should.

Lets just touch a very few high points .

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.

Ok ! How strong are you ? How strong should you be ?

Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

Well heck ! Are you standing up ?

13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Well ! Are you standing up ? Are you standing your ground ...the ground of GOD ?

Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place .

Do you tell the truth ! Do you tell others of GOD !

In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

Do you have real faith ! If you do Satan WILL struggle against you .

Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel .

Do you pray for strength and help ? Do you ask GOD to put the unknowing in your path !

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

Do you not only spread the gospel but confirm to others of faith to encourage ?

Do you pray for yourself ? Do you ask others to pray for you that you may be given by the Holy Spirit to reach others ?

for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it .

Are you in chains ! How strong is your faith ? Do you carry the sword of GOD ?

You are given the sword of GOD ...use it .
    Last edited by Boaz; 10-24-2018 at 04:51 AM.
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    I met a man coming out of the rest room at church one morning, a few seconds later he rushed back in said he forgot his sword, then picked up his bible from a shelf and left. I’ve never forgotten that encounter. You just reminded me of that thanks.

Boolit Master
    My strength is my downfall

I let God deal with the devil
    I'm standing my foundation is solid
    Yes
    Yes
    I am week
    Not like I should
    My faith is unshakable
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

in Remebrance
    Thanks a bunch for this, Charlie. I've been rather depressed lately, you know why. I had forgotten that my wife used the armor a lot in dealing with some serious problems in her family and I am well aware of the power of this scripture. Tomorrow will be a much better day ( even tho I'm going to the doctor). GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by rl69 View Post
    My strength is my downfall

I let God deal with the devil
    I'm standing my foundation is solid
    Yes
    Yes
    I am week
    Not like I should
    My faith is unshakable
    Paul tell us we are strong in our weakness . Having no power or strength of ourselves we are only strong in him by seeking the Spirit and letting GOD use us .

22 Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? So am I. 23 Are they ministers of Christ?—I speak as a fool—I am more: in labors more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequently, in deaths often. 24 From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; 26 in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; 27 in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness— 28 besides the other things, what comes upon me daily: my deep concern for all the churches. 29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to stumble, and I do not burn with indignation?
    30 If I must boast, I will boast in the things which concern my infirmity. 31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying. 32 In Damascus the governor, under Aretas the king, was guarding the city of the Damascenes with a garrison, desiring to arrest me; 33 but I was let down in a basket through a window in the wall, and escaped from his hands.

Thanks for this refresher, Boaz. Daily I pray for God's protection from Satan's attacks, accusations and lies.

Boolit Master

I am attacked every day because I am on the battlefield for my Lord, I am on the One and only true solid Rock the corner which the builders rejected. I am no better than any other and am a fellow servant, I am a work that God is constantly refining to be the servant I should be. I am weak and needy with many flaws as we all are, I love my Lord and Savior for His sacrifice in my place that I did not deserve.

Boolit Master

Charlie this is a good word for today. I should say Word of the Lord. We need to be reminded that we are engaged in battle. Our fight is not with flesh and blood, but is a spiritual battle against Satan and his empire of fallen angels. All of the problems we as a nation are having right now, and all the divisions are a result of evil forces at work to steal, kill, and destroy our great country. We must pray and use the Sword of the Spirit against this foe.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

I see so many that say they 'believe' in GOD yet they don't know anything about GOD . Many are 'told' there is a GOD as children and never taught who he is .

Corinthians 15;2

By which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

In scripture we are told to 'practice' our 'faith' through the example of our Lord Jesus Christ . He came to give his father's word , to give perfect example . Emanuel ...GOD with us right here . He gathered others to glorify his and our father . He will sit at the father's right hand when we are judged and no one comes to the father except by him . The lukewarm will be spit from his mouth . He will not have known you .

Boolit Master

Amen Charlie!