Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: Chronograph storage/transporting ideas

Boolit Master

Chronograph storage/transporting ideas

Looking for some off the shelf ideas..

I have a Competition Electronics Chronograph and recently added the Bluetooth module. The chronograph was transported to and from the range in its original box in a padded tripod case that was laying around the house. The module came in a separate box and both together barely fit into the bag. As is both of the boxes are becoming a bit dog eared and squashed in the corners and may not last for too long trying to get them in and out of the bag.

As I do desire to keep this around for a while I just don’t want to dump the unit, modules, diffusers spare batteries etc to rattle around in the current bag. For a long term plan I intend to add extra rods and diffusers and so on into the load out. I have also acquired a monster studio quality video camera tripod from a garage sale so I don’t even want to try and pack all that together, so no issue there.

Just looking to see what folks are using, there’s bound to be an egg crate/pulled foam plastic case that’s just right without costing more than the chronograph.

As a last resort I suppose I can build a purpose built case out of wood, but my cabinet making capabilities and skills are not quite up to par these days.

Sam's club had some nice pistol cases that would fit what you want. I bought both last year. They are airline approved I do believe.

For my Chrony, I use an ammo box, all fits nice and snug..

Boolit Buddy
    I keep mine in a bag from a croquet set I found at the thrift store it fits perfectly with the infrared screens, the power supply I built for them, and the tripod.

Boolit Master

Take a look at these cases from harbor freight. Not as nice, or expensive, as Pelicans but should be good enough for the Chrony. I had some Pelicans already so I use those, fits quite well. There are three sizes available I believe.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/3800-w...-in-63927.html
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	63927_I.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	229259
    MTM makes some as well.
    https://www.amazon.com/MTM-TPC3-Tact.../dp/B07BSV4DRQ

Name:	71X3TbAcpML._SX679_.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	229260
    Here is one by Plano
    https://www.amazon.com/Plano-Protect.../dp/B00TY4AN4G

Name:	91cUVYC2X3L._SX679_.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	229261
    So depending on the configuration, price and availability, one of these should fill your needs.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master
    Lowe's used to sell small waffle aluminum tool cases for about $20. I can get every thing inside plus a couple or two extra rolls pf printer paper. Mine is an Ohler 35P with the third proof channel. Uses a regular 9volt battery. The other box I used was an instrument case slightly bigger and would hold targets, collapsable tripod for bench use, ammo, stapler and staples and a small tool kit.Every now and then Sportsmans Guide sells the hardigg military cases ain't cheap but still in good shape and if thought out right you can cram just about all your shooting stuff in them. Frank