WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: LEE 90309 mold

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately

LEE 90309 mold

LEE lists this bullet as .356 so I assume this is pretty close to what the "as cast" diameter is. I was given a few bullets cast from a 90309 mold that had been sized to .359, which is what I would like to use for a particular application.

Does anyone have this mold? if so, what is your "as cast" diameter with, more or less, straight wheel weights?
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Vendor Sponsor

Having to go look for a LEE part number cuts me out of trying to help. I see molds listed for sale on eBay that way too.

I move on. No idea what they are.

Could you give a mold description? That would give you a larger audience. Something like .356-105RN. Then we would all know what you are referring to.

Just trying to help....
    Chill Wills

Boolit Buddy
    This mold is the Lee 2-Cavity Bullet Mold 356-125-2R. I believe I have some cast from straight wheel weights that haven't been sized at home and can post drop size later this evening if no one else gets you the info sooner.

Boolit Buddy
    Mine drop at .357

The as dropped size varies a bit depending on the individual mold and your alloy. I hate to say it but Lee isn't as consistent as some of the other mold makers. When you get a good one you need to keep it ad take care of it.
    Mine drops right at .357 using range scrap. About the same with wheel weights but I haven't had any of those for years now. Weight is 125-129 grains depending on the alloy.
    I use it sized at .357 in my 9mm pistols. I run it through my Lyman lubrisizer to get some lube in the groove and go with it.

I shoot a lot of these in various 9mm pistols. My mold drops .357" or a ticht under, I powdercoat and size to .357"
    Attachment 229279

Now I am hungry for some jelly beans.

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by roysha View Post
    LEE lists this bullet as .356 so I assume this is pretty close to what the "as cast" diameter is. I was given a few bullets cast from a 90309 mold that had been sized to .359, which is what I would like to use for a particular application.

Does anyone have this mold? if so, what is your "as cast" diameter with, more or less, straight wheel weights?
    I use this mold. Mine drops at .358 with a 50/50 pure/we. Weight is 127gr. I size to .357 for my gun and it works really well for me. Also works unsized in 38 and357. Ymmv

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Moderator Emeritus

Some of the problems is that Lee re-issues mold numbers. That number may have been something else 10 years ago. It's best to cast and measure to see what you've got.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze