Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Dripomatic Art work

Boolit Master

Lee Dripomatic Art work

A couple of recent creations from the Dripomatic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180722_204240.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	224175Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180722_213617.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	224176
    Evangelical, deplorable redneck and proud of it.

I see, I am not the only one that get that. I use a fine wire that fit in the hole at the bottom and have it long enough to go up in the pot by the hole and use pliers to put the wire up in and it will clear what there is plug the hole to stay like that to drip. It is something to see what it makes like you have there.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    A reason to cast with a ladle ...
    Regards
    John

Vendor Sponsor

I would take the left one to an art gallery.. If a 6" string nailed to a board can get $30,000.00 no tell what that would bring
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    Mine really doesn't drip bad. That is usually right after I close it and move my mold. It usually only drips about 1 drop between casts, but it builds up in the muffin pan I leave sitting below the spout.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    I would take the left one to an art gallery.. If a 6" string nailed to a board can get $30,000.00 no tell what that would bring
    Too late, it went back in the pot and is probably a few .40 caliber or 9mm bullets now.

Now we know where those movie makers get ideas for alien creatures.
    Whatever!

Banned
    part of the problem could be your alloy is not completely clean and some contaminant in the alloy is blocking the rod from sealing the spout. Screw the rod all the way in then back it out to where it needs to be.

Boolit Buddy
    I cant bash Lee products because i use so many of them and most of them work just fine including my 4-20 pot. This was covered so many times here but if your pot is leaking its because of dirty alloy. Flux, clean, flux and clean again and again and stir your alloy well to make sure you get all dirt to the surface. Clean it well while you smelt and you wont have any problems. Once in a while you'll get some dirt or even a grain of sand in your spout and that will cause it to drip. Either clear it with fine wire as suggested or just turn your spout screw few times with your screwdriver back and forth and it will get clear it that way too.
    I just did over 1K of Lee 356-125 last night and I had to clear my spout that way maybe hand full of times. Its really not that bad.

Heck I sometimes have to clean the spout of my little dipper ladle. It happens. Just not very darn often. Less hassle but I don't ever get any of the cool art. Do you think my drops that splatter out might be worth at least a couple of grand if I collected them and glued to a board?
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Have a old Lee dripper pot and am thinking of drilling a hole in the base to let the drips fall thru and mounting it over my RCBS pot to slowly add to the bottom pot. And if I need more then that just lift the handle fill away!

Quote Originally Posted by clintsfolly View Post
    Have a old Lee dripper pot and am thinking of drilling a hole in the base to let the drips fall thru and mounting it over my RCBS pot to slowly add to the bottom pot. And if I need more then that just lift the handle fill away!
    You a living example of life hands you a lemon you gonna make auto pre-heat/pre-melt casting reservoir out of it.

Just be sure you don't leave the top one full and the bottom one partly full then go answer the phone. Would be a mess on par with a clogged toilet with a tank that runs on "stuff everywhere". I just mention it because I know that is what I would do given 1/2 a chance.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

I'm so inspired by this thread that I might consider adding such a Lee device to the melt shop. Could someone please tell me which model is the "Dripomatic?" Does it have other qualities I should know about before investing?
    Thanks.

I had problems with the Lee 10# bottom pour. I replaced it with a RCBS Pro Melt and the dripping stopped. I did not change my methods for fluxing or change in any other way. The Lee pot simply required a lot of effort to control the drips. Of course the Pro Melt cost a lot more. This is one of those cases where you get what you pay for.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by engineer401 View Post
    I had problems with the Lee 10# bottom pour. I replaced it with a RCBS Pro Melt and the dripping stopped. I did not change my methods for fluxing or change in any other way. The Lee pot simply required a lot of effort to control the drips. Of course the Pro Melt cost a lot more. This is one of those cases where you get what you pay for.
    You got that last part right .. at one time I had 4 lee 4-20 bottom pour pots .. They all dripped no matter what I did.. Working on them might stop drips for a session or so but the drips ALWAYS returned
    sold them all bought 1 USED RCBS Bottom pour ...changed nothing else .. hardly ever a drip and if it does its only a few seconds and the next pour and it stops
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Banned
    Question; is the RCBS flow adjuster a lot heavier than Lee's?

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    My Lee 4/20 dose the same cool looking Christmas tree lead drop. If I screw my adjuster up and down a few times it fixes the drip. If not I have it screwed to far up so the hole is open to big.

Some folks slip a weight onto the handle so that there is a touch more force applied to the rod to help it seal. Think they used washers as I recall. Of course that is also a touch more weight to lift on each pour.

Two Lee valve systems around one has what is essentially a door hinge pin supported at an angle that gets pulled back by the handle. Adding weight to that one is no advantage. The other design is a straight down drop in the valve plunger and the handle on the outside of the pot. This handle can be weighted to apply more pressure for a seal.

Boolit Master
    Never ever leave a Lee bottom pour unattended.

Quote Originally Posted by MT Chambers View Post
    Never ever leave a Lee bottom pour unattended.
    Well spoken words right there .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast