WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: WTB some parts for a 1888 Commision Rifle

Boolit Master

WTB some parts for a 1888 Commision Rifle

Have a Efurt 1894 1888 commision rifle action that I resurected from a lot bought years ago. Thought I had the screws to at least get the magazine /trigger guard and the internals finally put together. I need three of the headless screws that screw into the mag body, one holds the plate in place just before the front trigger guard screw. The second holds what I believe is the long arm that puts pressure on the cartridges in the clip and the 3rd I believe holds the clip latch in place. The two I have are badly rusted/pitted and have half the screw slot torn away. And hoping to find a nice clean bolt head,extractor and ejector. Might be asking the impossible for the bolt head but won't hurt to try. With the screws,bolt head and extractor and ejector I can finally finish up this part of a long build. Will need a stock as well so if anyone has a nice one squirreled away please think of me. Have a 8mm Swedish mauser barrel waiting to go on the action. Strictly cast bullets only. Thanks in advance any help you could hive me. Will Pay by USPS money order. Frank

Boolit Master

Numrich Arms might have the parts you need www.e-gunparts.com
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master
    Try the guys at the gunboards forums. There are a lot of people that are experts on the GEW88 there. They also horde junkers and parts.
    Expect to pay a premium for a used bolt head or buy a new reproduction bolt head. Good luck on a stock that is anymore than a handle covered with cracks and dents.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    Joseph.lee.woods@outlook.com came up on several sites as supplying bolt heads in the past, not sure if any are avaliable now.

Boolit Master
    I do have one almost complete 1888 except for the ejector. The Efurt 1894 I'm playing around with started out as a complete basket case. Only thing thats given me problems so far is that wing safety.Think the end that goes in the bolt shroud is badly work and although spring loaded very hard to turn. Have a couple spares in not much better shape. Barrel I have,came from Simpson's LTD found it on their "Whats New Page" looks like it came off one of the Swedish mausers sporters.I have a decent section of barrel shroud that has the boss for the front trigger guard screw. Got lucky awhile back as a member of the Gunboards Forum was selling off a box of 1888 parts. Thanks for the tip regarding the bolt head. Frank