Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Official....I've Joined the Tupperware Gun Fraternity

Boolit Master

I REALLY REALLY tried to like a Glock, but the grip angle is all wrong for me. I traded it for an M&P and never looked back. I have several M&P pistols now and have never had a ftf or fte yet. As far as I'm concerned, plastic is fantastic for a carry gun.

Boolit Master

I tried a number of Glocks back in the late 90's and liked them OK, but seemed to always find something else that felt better, had a better trigger, was cheaper, etc.

I'm now down to just two Glocks; a 29 10mm for woods carry, and a 35 .40 S&W for GSSF matches, which are a hoot.

But for daily carry, it's been either an XDS in .40 S&W or a S&W M&P40c since 2007...

Attachment 229145

Attachment 229146
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Trade the 30SF for the 30S and you have Glock Perfection in JMB's own caliber.
    Tony

Boolit Master
    I started buying Glocks when I found a Glock 17 in the LGS at a reasonable price. It shot like a laser and was totally reliable. So I got a Glock 30S. Still totally reliable, but all of my shots were low and left. I tried a number of things to change that, but I figured it was me and so I got a 19. I kept it for quite a few years but my cancer makes me very weak and tired easily. I bought a Ruger LC9s Pro and absolutely love it! I traded off the 19 and a Filipino .45 and got the latest, a CZ 75 SP-01, due to the fact that my neuropathy made the Glock more and more difficult to shoot accurately. I still have the little Ruger, the trigger pull on that striker fired pistol is very light and easy to control. The CZ is S/A D/A, I can carry it condition one if I so desire, and it's heavy enough to remind me of my old Series 70 Colt GM that I foolishly traded off. I do like the D/A capability of the CZ.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Biggest thing I like about Glock is that factory and aftermarket parts are dirt cheap, and plentiful. There are a lot of very nice guns I wont consider because parts cannot be had without sending the gun back.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Moderator Emeritus

I got to the range with "THE BEAST" and I unleashed it on the targets......no pictures but there was one ragged hole after 20 rounds that were in line with the 10 ring but to the left about 1-1/2"..... The trigger was a little heavy but it broke clean! The short of it is I really like the gun. It worked flawlessly and I really recommend it!

I plan on getting 200 plus rounds through it before I carry it. Ordered an AZULA IWB holster and magazine carrier for "THE BEAST"!

Hopefully there will be some pictures to follow.
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Gaston Glock and his pistol have changed the military and law enforcement world and for good reason. They are dependable, light weight, accurate enough, long lived and low cost. There is nothing about them to bring out any emotional connection, but they are great tools for a dirty job. I have two of them and carry the G19 on a fairly regular basis.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master
    I resisted tupperware for a while, didn't have a hammer on the back I did not want it. Now I buy both, just depends on what catches my eye in the case at the shop.

Boolit Master

My brother is a detective and was issued a Sign 229 in .357 sig. He loved it and was upset when the new sheriff decided to replace the Sigs with new Gen 5 Glocks this week.

Had dinner with him last night and he said he qualified with his new Glock and fell in love with it. Got his highest score ever and can't believe how much better the latest Glocks are.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Grand Master

For $404 this is hard to beat.

CZ just announced the P10 series is being made at their new US plant. Comes in three variants and they’re optics ready. It’s a sweet striker fired pistol that will have aftermarket support from Cajun Gun Works and CZ Custom. If you’ve never shot a CZ that’s been worked over by either of them you’re missing out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    I got to the range with "THE BEAST" and I unleashed it on the targets......no pictures but there was one ragged hole after 20 rounds that were in line with the 10 ring but to the left about 1-1/2"..... The trigger was a little heavy but it broke clean! The short of it is I really like the gun. It worked flawlessly and I really recommend it!

I plan on getting 200 plus rounds through it before I carry it. Ordered an AZULA IWB holster and magazine carrier for "THE BEAST"!

Hopefully there will be some pictures to follow.
    /\ AWESOME /\
    They are great combat pistols.

I have never owned a Glock pistol. I normally shoot S&W revolvers and 1911 pistols.
    I did recently acquire some plastic. One was sort of by accident. I won it in a raffle at a local gun shop. It was a Springfield XD Mod 2 tactical in 9mm.
    After shooting it for a while and getting used to the trigger, I traded for a pair of XDM pistols in 45ACP. One was a competition model with a 5.25 Inch barrel. The other was a full size with a 4.5 inch barrel.
    I took them to the range this week and boy was I pleased with their performance.
    On a B27 silhouette they chewed up the 10 ring and simply removed the x ring at 12 yards. I am seriously impressed by them. They like my cast boolit reloads better than the brand new Winchester white box hardball I started them out with. I ran Lyman's 452374, Lyman's 453460, and Lee's H&G 68 clone through them and they ate them like candy.
    Since my experience with these was so good, I think it would be difficult for a Glock to do better.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    In the early 1970's and I began my L.E. career and I carried a all steel Colt Commander, in 45 a.c.p. of course....fast forward 20 years and I finally accepted an aluminum framed 1911.....now 20 more years later I bought a Glock 30SF.....have not fired it yet, only got it today and it is raining cats and dogs.......it points well and I like the feel....but it is not a pretty gun!
    I never thought I would ever have a plastic gun.....but it is all I carry now. Yes, they are ugly, but they are effective.
    Don Verna

Banned

Big XD whatever variant plastic gun fan here. What Tazman said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12