Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading EverythingLee Precision
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Official....I've Joined the Tupperware Gun Fraternity

Moderator Emeritus

It's Official....I've Joined the Tupperware Gun Fraternity

In the early 1970's and I began my L.E. career and I carried a all steel Colt Commander, in 45 a.c.p. of course....fast forward 20 years and I finally accepted an aluminum framed 1911.....now 20 more years later I bought a Glock 30SF.....have not fired it yet, only got it today and it is raining cats and dogs.......it points well and I like the feel....but it is not a pretty gun!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

I also love 1911s and have a few, but also have a couple of Glocks, a 21 and a 22. Great pistols, just lacking charisma. If you had to leave home ahead of a great disaster and a 1911 and a Glock were lying on top of your dresser, which one would you put in your holster? I know-- stick one in the holster and the other in your belt!

Boolit Master

Even ugly girls need some lovin!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

they are generally accurate and reliable. dont buy em for pretty, buy it as a tool.

Banned

If you like the way it feels, then you should like it after shooting it.

Boolit Grand Master
    ugly duckling (in my opinion), for sure, but man-o-man will it shoot. had to trade my beloved old s&w revolver in back when my p.d. went to glock. what a step forward! you'll love it once you get used to shooting it.

I recently replaced my well worn Colt Mustang with a Ruger Lc9s. Sure does carry nice but I'm struggling with the long trigger pull. I guess it will just take some practice and at the range it's designed for, it doesn't really matter. 250 rounds so far with no problems. Plastic pistols, who wouldda guessed?

Banned
    Well Buckwheatpaul, you're probably going to start one of those threads (and I'm just kidding).

It took me a long time to warm up to the Glock but I did eventually develop a real appreciation for the design. I never hated the Glock but I wasn't thrilled with the gun from the beginning. However, once you spend some time with the Glock, the strengths become very apparent.

The Glock is one of the BEST combat pistols available.

They are almost unbelievable reliable. They are very durable. They are simple to use under stress.

Yes, the Glock is ugly but its true beauty rests with its ability to function.

There are Glock haters out there and they're just going to hate. The Glocks are safe and they WORK!

While I'm at it, I'll also say that Glocks work best if you leave in their factory configuration. You don't need to "improve" them. They come with perfectly fine barrels, connectors, triggers, recoil springs, etc. About the only thing I'll change on a Glock is I'll add steel night sights if the gun doesn't have them.

Welcome to the world of Glock.
    Last edited by Petrol & Powder; 10-20-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Glocks are great handguns. I’ve got a few. Have a few plastic guns including the M&P line, XDM in 10mm on the way and have looked at some of the newer sig offerings. They are indeed reliable. Advancements happen and even modern day weaponry will be eclipsed.

Banned
    Since this is sort of a Glock thread, I'll add this:

Any polymer framed, striker fired, high capacity, center-fire semi-auto pistol that uses the Browning short recoil system; that's not a Glock - is a Glock knock-off.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

The first polymer framed pistol was actually the H&K VP70 (1970) but that was hardly a commercial success. It was the Glock that really started the polymer pistol designs that we see today.

Just about every major pistol manufacturer has some type of Glock inspired pistol. In fact, some of them are shockingly close copies.
    Most of the knock-offs and copies are actually more complex than the original Glock design although some are now trending closer to the Glock pattern. If you field strip a current production S&W M&P, you'll see a near carbon copy of the Glock fire control system.

Despite all of the imitation, I still think Glock does it best.

Boolit Grand Master

Nothing wrong w/ polymer guns that go bang every time you pull the trigger. At the end of the day guns are tools, nothing more. All metal guns look better to me but outside of this polymer guns give nothing up. I’ve been carrying a Walter PPS since they came out and have high praise for it. I carry a G20SF when in the woods as bear repellent. I do own less polymer pistols than all metal but that ratio is always changing.

If anyone is looking for a full size hammer fired polymer pistol now is the time to buy. Someone brought in a large number of CZ P-09 pistols. They can be found for $400 which is a screaming deal. You’re pretty much buying it for wholesale price. I don’t look at anything other than CZ, Glock and Walter when it comes to pistols these days.

Boolit Master

I don't like Glocks. I don't hate them, they just don't fit me. I do have a couple of XDs . No problem with plastic guns they just all have different angles and feel to them. I do have more 1911s than plastic though.

They are what they are designed for. The have acceptable accuracy and will feed almost any ammo. Made for function not looks.

Like an ugly dog that will protect you relentlessy. Glocks are the original, but I'm fonder of this one. My Daughter has a Glock .380 and my brother has the long slide 10mm Glock and both are amazing shooters. Grmps-

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I had a CZ 75 for years great little gun, so of course I sold it regretted it ever since, so I bought a Glock 34 fitted a KKM match barrel to it, had the trigger improved, it's accurate and it functions but I just don't like it I think an STI is the next step.

Boolit Grand Master

I've got more plastic than I care to admit as I'm a sucker for a sale and buy just to see if something works. I bought a Zenith 9mm for well under $300 on sale and it came with 3 mags, cleaning brushes, 3 backstraps etc....It's a flat out tack driver. The Tanfaglio Witness is the same but not quite as accurate as the Zenith. It does have the advantage of just buying new top ends and using one frame for each.

I'm now playing with a SW M&P .40 I bought a couple of years ago and never really got around to shooting and just fell in love with it. Fantastic gun and has me waiting for Black Friday to see if the 2.0 Compact will be on sale. I love steel but carrying a Shield changed my mind.

Almost forgot, I can't stand Glocks for some reason but a Micro Roni on sale is almost changing my mind. I saw an 80% frame with jig on sale this week and almost "pulled the trigger" on it.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Yeah, me too, and I’m a lifelong revolver guy.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Paul i never want to go to dark side, i will stay with my 1911 and commander

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by iomskp View Post
    .................................................. ............................................. I think an STI is the next step.
    Ah, STI, the poor mans Wilson Combat. A very good move. I have 2 that I love, hope to get more.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Grand Master
    Like P&P above, it took me a little while to warm up to Glock pistols. When my shop approved them and added the 40 S&W to the approved caliber list at the same time, A Tsunami Of Plastic swept over the agency. Glocks are reliable, affordable, reasonably accurate, and since Day 1 trained and added a large cadre of factory-trained armorers in the field to cater to both citizen and LEO maintenance needs for this product line. THAT ALONE recommends the purchase AFAIC. That the pistols are utterly reliable and well-nigh indestructible is gilding the lily. Only Ruger comes anywhere close to the "Service After Sale" environment that Glock offers, and Ruger usually requires a return-to-factory for the service. In fairness, Ruger turns stuff around VERY fast. But Ruger does not have 4 maintenance venues within 30 minutes of my home, either.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast