Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load Data

Thread: Neat little gun

Neat little gun

Yesterday I was in Academy and I asked to handle a new Marlin 336 Compact. It looked well built on the outside with very good wood to metal fit, and the steel and stocks were well finished also. This appears to be the new version of the 336Y Spikehorn they had years ago. I was not a serious buyer so I didn't have them remove the trigger lock and zip tie to work the action. If the insides are good as well, what a neat little carbine to have!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Yes, I think they do have a nice carbine there. Now if they only would make one chambered in 45 Colt I'd be getting one.

Boolit Master
    I just can't justify buying a Remlin. Too many real Marlin firearms out there.

That does look like a nice rifle.

No one is pulling for the new Remington conglomerate to get it’s act together than me, but I have heard and am still hearing too many horror stories. I grew up in the shadows of the Ilion, NY plant and drooled over the Remington catalogue as a kid in the 60’s & 70’s. It is sad to see where they are after 202 years of firearms leadership.

Boolit Master

Didn't Remington go into receivership? AKA bankruptcy!
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    Didn't Remington go into receivership? AKA bankruptcy!
    They exited Chapter 11 in May and are no longer owned by Cerberus.

Boolit Grand Master
    I saw one of the new Marlins and it looked decent to me. Never cycled it or tried the trigger. But I already have enough .30/30’s, one of which is a 336, so I am not in the market for one. A smaller more compact 336 would be nice though.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

My new '94C is fine. I've had it since Sept (I think). My only complaint was the finish on the wood, I put a couple coats of boiled linseed oil on it and it looks good. Bore must be smooth, 2 designs of commercial hardcast boolits and 2 different designs of my coww home cast several hundred rounds and NO lead.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    They exited Chapter 11 in May and are no longer owned by Cerberus.
    I found out they filed bankruptcy the 1st time in 1886. If the Internet is right. I usd to drool over their 700 ADL’s and BDL’s back in the 70’s. Always wsnted a left hand one 257 Roberts, wouldn’t of been able to afford it back then even if it had been made! Todd/3leg

Boolit Master
    Well I think Remington makes very good guns. Why, that O3-A3 my father bought new right after the war still looks brand new and shoots really good. But I don't think many rounds have been put through it yet as he liked to use his 30-30 94 Winchester for deer all of these years. And everybody has a Remington Pump Shotgun.

Boolit Master
    Whoever installed this 1895 SBL sling stud shouldn't be working with firearms.

Attachment 230092

Other than the funny detail the rifle has been flawless - even the barrel was good with cast bullets right out of the box. SBL tames the recoil better than my previuos 1895's I think. Thrigger is fine,the rifle feeds and ejects everything including 480 FN:s .

A local dealer here got two 1895's with half the rifling missing,semi-smoothbores. That was years ago when the bad reputation came.

At least mine isn't a lemon,quite the opposite. I also shoot a few years old 870 20 gauge. No complaints here.