Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: Not a rifle but military P35

Not a rifle but military P35

I’ve had the pleasure of having this P35 for several years I got it from a vet who was a supply runner in the battle of the bulge he shoot the Nazi who was trying to trying to steal supplies and then sent it home, and gave it to me a while back with instructions to never sell it, if I wanted to get rid of it to donate it to a museum.
    Yes the capture papers are real and match the serial number
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	110F52DE-83F8-41AA-8DA8-41B026C6C580.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	229067

Boolit Master
    Very neat. There was a recent article on those, maybe G&A, or Firearms News. Nazi proof marks?

Boolit Master

P35, That is very cool . thanks for posting

Boolit Master
    Here is a pic of a close cousin. This one has a bit of a Mohawk for a rear sight. Two within an hour of each other!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	229078

Boolit Master

Nice, you are both lucky!

Boolit Buddy
    43PU, What a piece of history, with the paperwork to prove it! Thanks for posting.

Back when our government trusted our soldiers enough to let them bring home weapons. Thank him for his service from all of us!

Sadly he passed about a year after he gave me this. But I still shoot it, it still has blood still dripping down the barrel from where he shot the Nazi in the head with a Garand ....

Boolit Mold
    Your pistol is known as the "Pistole 640b" and should not have a mag disconnect like most other HPs. There were two waffenampts used during German occupied production, the latter and most common is Wa A140. The pistols will be found with straight serial numbers and numbers with a lower case suffix a, b, and c. Original magazines are not easy to find and some were serial numbered to the pistol. Be careful shooting it if you do, the FN employees were not happy to be working for Jerry and intentionally manufactured weaknesses into them, most common of which is the extractor.

Boolit Master
    I've always wanted a Browning/FN high power. As my wide reminds me occasionally that I have a champagne taste and a beer pocketbook. Coles Distributing Inc was selling Israeli FN high powers and with photos and excellent descriptions so took the plunge. Little over $500.Got a MKIII with the cast frame and higher sights. First thing to go was the mag disconnect. Didn't make that much difference in trigger pull. So all new springs are in order. Arthuritus in my hands and it is a pain to rack the slide hence the recoil and hammer and firing pin springs. Was going to get another one when CDI had a disastrous fir which bascially wiped them out and they will not be coming back in business. Now that Browning/FN has discontinued the HP prices are starting to go up. even on some of the clones.Either before this or after Sig Saur decided to discontinue the P239 in 357 Sig and 40S&W. Love my P239 in 40 cal.Managed to find two new factory mags for my P239. $45 a pop. The P6 when they came into the country were nice pistols and a lot of accessories were for sale. Just so happens the mag holder for the P6 will nicely hold my P239 mags. Most of the mag holders for the P6 were made by AKAH a German company. Frank

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rany A View Post
    Your pistol is known as the "Pistole 640b" and should not have a mag disconnect like most other HPs. There were two waffenampts used during German occupied production, the latter and most common is Wa A140. The pistols will be found with straight serial numbers and numbers with a lower case suffix a, b, and c. Original magazines are not easy to find and some were serial numbered to the pistol. Be careful shooting it if you do, the FN employees were not happy to be working for Jerry and intentionally manufactured weaknesses into them, most common of which is the extractor.
    The weakness of the extractor was pretty commonplace to HP of that vintage. More likely to bend than break . They later changed to a pivoted extractor for that reason.

I had a NAZI marked P-35 here some years back, I could have picked it up cheap but just couldn't get around the feeling I got after seeing the bronze plaque in honor of the two dozen plus Belgian Browning workers who refused to build guns for the Germans and were executed in what is now the parking lot of the factory.

I remember the magazine was made of aluminum alloy, not sure why.

I once owned a commercial P-35, not sure of the vintage. Got it dirt cheap because the previous owner had lost the magazine. Otherwise like new condition.

I bought an FN P35 with nazi markings from a brother officer. He had been a WWII veteran and was leaving the job as I was arriving in 1969. Almost no finish, came with two magazines, both with two markings, one mag was like a greenish parkerized color. One marking looked somewhat like a bi-plane, the other a nazi eagle. Also came with a holster.

He called a gun store near police headquarters in Manhattan and asked what they'd give him for it, and he sold it to me for the same price, $65. Great gun, long gone.

I also had a Rem-Rand WWII 1911 bring back from another officer vet, I thought the FN was way above it in quality and feel, not to mention capacity.

Then there was the P-08 Luger, the M-1 Carbine, the Nambu, but enough....... lol, except for the Carbine, they're all gone.

Banned
    43PU, you have an excellent piece of history there with some providence. I saw one particularly unscrupulous dealer attempting to pass off a clearly post-war Hi-power as a wartime production pistol. It had fake acceptance marks stamped on it. I've seen a lot of faked "NAZI" guns and the Hi-Power probably leads the list but yours has unquestionable history.

Yes the Germans did occupy the FN facilities for a large portion of WWII. The guns produced at FN were generally of good quality in terms of function but wartime demands resulted in the finish being downgraded as the war progressed.
    I wouldn't shoot that gun a lot simply due to its historical value.
    Take good care of that pistol.

Boolit Master
    I got 3 High powers from Cole's Distributing before the Fire. I was bidding on 2 more when it happened. All are finr guns, But alas the market has went threw the roof as word got out about Browning ..

Boolit Master
    Quite a few Nazi Marked HiPowers were later refurbished and sold to police departments all across Europe.

I carried a finely finished Commercial HiPower for many years. I picked it up for $60 because it had come in on a trade with the magazine lost. Otherwise in like new condition. I ordered two Browning manufacture magazines for it and kept it ready to rock with Supervel truncated cone hollow points.