Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: Harbor Freight vibratory tumbler

Boolit Buddy

Harbor Freight vibratory tumbler

Anybody use a Harbor Freight vibratory tumbler for cleaning brass, powder coating, etc? I have a Frankfort Arsenal tumbler I use for brass cleaning. Plan to do some powder coating in the future, thinking about just buying a cheap Harbor Freight tumbler for that purpose only if they are fairly reliable.

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    I know of 2 of them that are in use. they only get used occasionally but have been in use for a couple years.

Boolit Buddy
    They work fine? Or rather similar to the other brands as far as operation, noise, etc?

Boolit Master
    The ones that I saw in the local HF store weren't exactly what I'd call cheap, but it's been years since I bought my FA, so I can't be much of a judge anymore.
    The did look pretty good, though, especially the big one......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Had mine for a couple years & it works, "OK", I guess.
    I don't remember the exact cost, but I want to say it was around 4-45 frogskins then. Not too bad I reckon.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Buddy
    I tried their large one , in a few months it died , I had it for a little while before I started using it. If you decide to try one and have a local store , buy the extended warranty ,I didn't , this is the vibratory tumbler
    I try this to replace an old midway that died
    I wanted a large bowl size , end up just bite the bullet and bought the Dillon and it is a few years old now and still running strong

I have a Cabela's branded vibrator and it works fine. I would guess the HF model is a rebranded model from one of the true manufacturers. Many items we buy today are rebranded w/o knowing who actually made it. I am pretty sure Cabela's doesn't manufacture their own tumblers just as HF doesn't either.

Boolit Master

I've had my HF vibro tumbler for years, works great.

Boolit Buddy
    First one from HF lasted 2 years. Bottom of bowl broke. Second is about 4 years old now and still going. Make sure you open in store to insure components there. mine was missing steel and rubber washers. Just used ones from old one instead of driving 40 miles to return.
    "EXPERT= Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure" Unknown

If you want one that will last a long time, as in decades, you can't be afraid to spend a few extra dollars. Thumlers Tumblers are the best you can buy. I occasionally see used ones at gun shows and are usually a good bargin. My first wife gave me a model 10 for my bday in 1988 and I still use it. Although it's used for smaller batches now that I have a big Lyman. I had to replace the motor in it back in 2009, the bearings finally failed. It cost $35 and a call to the factory. The guy I talked to said they also have a machine shop and have a room full of the big UV-45 with ceramic media for polishing the parts they make. They are shut off just long enough to pull out the polished stuff and reload then turned back on. Some have been running continuously for 40 years (back in 09 when I talked to him). He said they occasionally have to replace a motor like I did, but the units themselves have never worn out. I would think the tubs would wear through too considering the life they live. If I have a batch of nasty range brass, mine will run for a couple days. But it's nothing like the abuse Thumlers gives them.
    I also have a Lyman Pro Magnum 2500 that I've had for 6 or 7 years that sees plenty of use. Hard telling if it will last as long as the Thumlers, but I like it and it does a good job. Lyman makes good products but their cs is absolutely terrible.
    Do you want fries with that?

My HF vibratory tumbler is 2 years old and works fine. I'm about to pick up another for PC....when they have the next parking lot sale plus 20% off coupon!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    https://www.harborfreight.com/5-lb-m...ler-67617.html Click on the 268 number for ratings ...
    Regards
    John