MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Phoenix, Scottsdale Tempe areas

Moderator Emeritus

Phoenix, Scottsdale Tempe areas

We will be in the Scottsdale area next month for a week and wondered about must see ideas. Will watch some AFL games and take a day to revisit Kartchner Caverns and Tombstone. What else ya got?
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Buddy
    Kartchner caverns are wet and living caves, on the way there you'll pass Collosal caves, an older dry cave, always fun to visit and since you'll be close to Tucson there's the AZ/Sonora desert museum and on the way there you'll pass by Old Tucson Studios an attraction where a lot of old westerns were made.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Master
    Dillan, Scottsdale Gun Club, Ben Avery Shooting Facility. LOL
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

If you get time with nothing better to do you make the trip to Prescott. It is about a 2 hour drive from Scottsdale and is beautiful as you travel up into the mountains. When you get there you will recognize the scenery because you have seen it in a lot of old cowboy movies. Tom Mix lived there from what I was told so he didn't have to travel back and forth. I go there for work every so often and it is my favorite place in AZ.
    Ruger has a facility there where they make their Semi-Auto pistols but they are not public from what I gather so you cannot do a tour of the factory.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prescott.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	229061

Boolit Master
    I hope you have a reservation to get into Kartchner Caverns. Best to check. Spend a night in Sierra Vista. See Bisbee if you are going to Tombstone.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    I hope you have a reservation to get into Kartchner Caverns. Best to check. Spend a night in Sierra Vista. See Bisbee if you are going to Tombstone.
    I agree, we spent a night in Bisbee last trip.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    I took the grandkids there, we made the reservation by phone, they told us walk ins are welcomed but since each tour is limited the ones with reservations will go first, they have multiple tours throughout the day.
    But then again, they may have changed their policy since then.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnug View Post
    Kartchner caverns are wet and living caves, on the way there you'll pass Collosal caves, an older dry cave, always fun to visit and since you'll be close to Tucson there's the AZ/Sonora desert museum and on the way there you'll pass by Old Tucson Studios an attraction where a lot of old westerns were made.
    The AZ/Sonora Desert Museum is absolutely amazing. I spend several hours there and could have easily spent all day there just looking at all the wildlife and plants. You will not regret going there.

I have heard that the Pima Air and Space Museum is really good too. We tried to go there but spent too long at the Desert Museum (go to the air and space museum early. NOT an hour or two before they close because they won't let you in.). It looked impressive from the outside.

Tombstone is always a fun thing to visit too.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Yuma prison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desert museum is worth a couple of hours.
    Just enjoy the scenery.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

If in the area, Pima Air & Space Museum is a must. Pima Air & Space Museum is a world-class air museum, the largest non-governmental air & space museum in the world, with over 300 airplanes on exhibit, and several onesies & twosies - the only B-18B in the world, for example, and the only NA F-107 in the world (maybe one other - don't 'member). Only Martin PBM-5A Amphib, and so on. I worked there several years driving a tram, until I got crosswise with the HR person. A trained management consultant (me) shouldn't work where there is poor management - but I digress.
    If you wish, I will meet you there and give you a tour. I doubt that I can comp you in, but come early, we'll tour, then have lunch and tour some more. Figure on spending the day. PM me if interested.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    There's a great steakhouse in Sonoita, south of Tucson. I believe at the intersection of 82 and 83. It's in the middle of nowhere. Called the Stakeout. Also wine country.