Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holsters for carrying an N frame revolver?

Boolit Master
    It is too bad that the Roy Baker pancake style holsters are no longer available... I have one that I carry my 6" 57 in and it can be worn strong side or weak side almost like a shoulder holster...

I just got back from a hunting trip and used one of these for three days with a 4" Redhawk... Inxpensive and very comfortable... This is for 6" guns...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandolier-S...:rk:3:razz:f:0

I have four different ones of these that will carry 95% of the guns I own.

Another favorite for big guns is the Simply Rugged line of holsters.

Bob

MidwayUSA has a handy "holster finder" search function. Very easy to use and quickly navigates through all the BS you DON"T want to see. Check it out.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/holster-finder/
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

A quick search for your revolver shows eight different holsters suitable for your gun. Two are shoulder rigs. I like the Galco because you can wear it strong side or crossdraw.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Groo here
    Stoner holsters has a vertical shoulder rig that rotates to make draw easier.

I have a Roy's Pancake for Ruger SBH 71/2", I used it for awhile but it was uncomfortable to me. I'm
    having a 3" wide Ranger Belt made custom right now, just for toting 6" N frames. I'm having a slot
    like in a western rig put in it. I'm going to have a thumb break with exposed trigger with a back flap
    like a Hunter 1100. Holster will ride top of belt and flap will pass through slot and strap around it.
    It will ride high and stay in place. There is nothing more misrable than heavy gun trying to turn over
    or shifting position. I have a Lawrence western belt that I carry 22s the same way and it's comfortable and out of the way.

Boolit Master

For years, I carried a 6" M28 for a trail gun in a Brauer Bros. shoulder holster. Only complaint I ever had was that the cross-straps were too narrow but some soft suede sewed onto the chafe points cured that. The M28 is long gone but still have the holster 'cause it's a pretty good fit for my 6" M586.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

The wife has a smith 686 with 4" barrel. She's a petite little thing, so its a cannon on her. Well, before the house burnt down, we had an open top pancake holster for her, ETW brand. Guy makes them and sells them on ebay, hes in NC. It was good stuff, and about 65.00 at the time. Mighty hard to find a pancake holster thats open top for a revolver.

Boolit Master
    I like Simply Rugged for everyday carry. The Mernickle high ride isn’t bad either but I feel like the Simply Rugged Sourdough protects the gun better. A 6” N frame is a big gun to haul around every day when you are actually working no matter what holster you stick it in.

Springfield on this site operates Whyte Leather Works and makes some good holsters at a fair price. His are custom ordered but the delivery time is fast.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Boolit Grand Master

I've carried several "N" frame Smiths in Bianchi shoulder holsters. Sometimes you can find them used at gun shows at giveaway prices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12