Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee Precision

Thread: My latest .30 caliber builds.

My latest .30 caliber builds.

I built a Mini30 into a M1a with the help of Accuracy Systems] Attachment 228988Attachment 228992and remilitarized a 1930 vintage 1903 Springfield sporter with a 21 inch bbl by making the stock fit the short barrel. The Mini was a real challenge to get the mini action to fit in a M14 stock. Lots of jbweld and a couple of walnut blocks. My first rattle can paint job too. The ‘03 was just a stock refinishing and shortening of the stock and handguard which is actually 2 handguards. The high hump end is shortened and cut while the slender part is from another guard and was shortened at the rear. The lower band hides the seam. My current build is going to be a Mini .300 blkout/Garand T20.

More photos.

Boolit Master

Interesting projects; that mini turned out sharp!

Boolit Master
    Very....Very neat work.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    What an interesting idea! If the M1A had been converted to 5.56,,,,. Well done!
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    Love your springfield and at first glance one would think it was an original one with the 24" barrel.Very nice work. Frank

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreed View Post
    I built a Mini30 into a M1a with the help of Accuracy Systems] Attachment 228988Attachment 228992and remilitarized a 1930 vintage 1903 Springfield sporter with a 21 inch bbl by making the stock fit the short barrel. The Mini was a real challenge to get the mini action to fit in a M14 stock. Lots of jbweld and a couple of walnut blocks. My first rattle can paint job too. The ‘03 was just a stock refinishing and shortening of the stock and handguard which is actually 2 handguards. The high hump end is shortened and cut while the slender part is from another guard and was shortened at the rear. The lower band hides the seam. My current build is going to be a Mini .300 blkout/Garand T20.
    Sharp work. You have a sweet talent I'm sure many of us wish we had. Nice job.

Attachment 229702Attachment 229699Here’s another. It’s not a .30 caliber build but it goes on my .30-40 Krag Constabulary rifle. I decided that I had to have a Krag Bowie bayonet and had a buggered up 1917 bolo with no grips or guard so I reshaped the bolo blade, cut up a krag bayonet with a bad blade, fitted the krag guard and had the bolo blade’s tang tig welded to the krag bayonet’s tang under the grip scales. And then fitted the krag bayonet’s scales. The real ones are very scarce and go for $4000-5000.00 a pop. I left all the Bolo stampings on the blade not wanting to build a fake just a reasonable facsimile. Blued the grip but not the blade.
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 11-01-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Attachment 230974Attachment 230973And yet another, it’s not ‘a’ .30 caliber but its ‘for’ my .300blkout reloading. I had this gifted Dillon 550b out in my shop getting nasty [was going to be a Christmas gift for my son but his house is so full of stuff he’s got no place to put it so I’ll keep it for a while longer]. I decided to have my local weld shop build me a pedestal out of some 3/8 plate and a piece of 2x2 square tube that I was going to make a bike rack from. I cleaned up the Dillon and made an aluminum stand for the bullet tray and mty case bin. Painted it crinkle black.
    Last edited by Baltimoreed; 11-25-2018 at 08:12 PM.