Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything

Thread: Arkansas Early Antlerless Season

Arkansas Early Antlerless Season

I was blessed to be able to take a doe this weekend during our Early Antlerless Firearms season using my 44 Redhawk. The shot was 57 steps. I usually would not take a shot at
    that distance but I had a good rest and the doe was relaxed and feeding in a food plot.
    The bullet took off the top of the heart and exited. The deer slowly ran a distance of around 50 yards making it 10 yards into the woods.
    Bullet was a Devastator clone from a group buy cast from 50/50 + 2% over 17.5 grains of 2400 at 1,200 FPS.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4DD4E740-500E-45B5-B05F-813F411C05E6.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	228899
    Last edited by White Oak; 10-15-2018 at 10:56 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Good job- the weather cooled off just in time!

Boolit Master
    Many folks around here were not aware it was open. One of my cousins who I talked to on Sunday said he'd get one the next morning, now that he knew it was open.

Boolit Master

57 paces is getting towards the edge of my comfort zone as well; nice shooting. Thank you for the write up. I still miss my red hawk more than any other gun I ever sold or traded

Banned

Nice job! I have yet to kill one with a hand gun, still on my list to do someday.

Good job, neighbor! I've taken three so far with handguns and it is exciting!
    I love Arkansas. That's a good poke with a red dot and you did it perfectly. Now why do we Texans have to wait till November to use a firearm??

I'm hoping for a closer shot and score from my .45 Blackhawk/Burris FF combo in about 3 weeks! My self imposed range limit is 35 yards with a solid rest. I too have yet to take a deer with a handgun. hc18flyer

I went to the Burris FF because the older I get the harder it has been for me to focus on iron sights and the target at the same time. It has really affected my bow hunting also.
    I have been practicing 50 yard shots for several months and sighted in 1.5” high at 50. The box blind
    over the food plot has a nice padded shooting rail.
    Last edited by White Oak; 10-16-2018 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Because I can’t spell

Congratulations! Good shooting!
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Master
    BTW, the early Arkansas anterless season is for land owners, only. The ten day muzzleloading season, for both sexes, opens this Saturday in my zone. Plan on using the 54 cal Renegade that hasn't ,as yet, made meat.

Winelover

Boolit Buddy

Congrats ! I have some home duties that suddenly came up and I'm not able to go.

I did not realize how many Arkansans we have on this site. We need to start an Arkansas thread if there is not one.

I haven't hunted in a long while. In MS, my land was annexed a couple of decades ago and they restricted hunting to Bow only. Could have used shotgun, wouldn't have used rifle at all. Too many close neighbors as surroundings had slowly built up. Overrun with deer...... some surprise, restrict hunting and the only thing that kills them are cars.

Been on my current 3 acres here in NWA for 3 years now. surrounded by several hundred acres and hills on three sides, and no close neighbors except for on the east. Have had a group of 4-6 deer visit quite often. small lake behind me, and plenty of grazing. Have a couple of really big oak trees in my yard. Huge one in the front. Been getting the half dozen wander through in the night, early morning eating acorns. None last year, seems to be good crop under the oaks this year. And they love them.
    Had a young buck with just straight horns appear with a couple of does at dusk last night. He jumped an ran at strange direction, not from hearing us. Looked closer and THE BUCK was just across the fence stamping his feet at the young one. He then jumped the fence and had a few acorns and then went off in the young one's direction to put him in his place I guess.

65-75 yard shot if I could get out of house without him hearing me......

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by White Oak View Post
    I did not realize how many Arkansans we have on this site. We need to start an Arkansas thread if there is not one.
    I noticed that too. It would be good, and it would be kind of like getting together at the Little Rock Gun and Knife show at the fairgrounds. Ain't been to one there since the Saturday before Trump won and Hillary lost. Got me an upper that day for insurance.

Boolit Bub
    Nice take! And nice gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk