MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
Wideners PBcastco
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mountain lion in NH

Banned

Claim here in Missouri is no breeding pairs. Just lone males except for a single female. The story is that they were all killed in the 1920s and thus extinct in Missouri. I am just waiting for the return of the wolves.

Boolit Grand Master

There are lots of common things that didn't exist here a few centuries ago, including white men, politicians and there are also many things now missing that were once common. It's not evolution, just that not everything follows modern mans rules.
    It's a darn shame that common sense is almost extent.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Bub
    I wonder how many states have both mountain lion sightings and a "no mountain lions here*" policy. Arkansas is another one.

My grandfather told us "If you can hear the scream, head the other direction. If you can hear the sound he makes after the scream, you're too **** close."
    Last edited by ShooterAZ; 10-17-2018 at 04:21 PM. Reason: language

Boolit Master

Several have been spotted in my town of Sandwich over the last 20 years or so.

By the way it is against the F&G law to shoot one unless it is attacking livestock or a human.

Boolit Master

We had a guy shoot a timber wolf about 10miles from my house a few years ago and put it up on Facebook big mistake for him I don't think that he had jail time for it but got a hefty fine for it
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    How would they know it didnt walk up from Florida, with all the hurricanes, global warming and such??
    It probably did as many are migrating North. There was a special on TWC a while back about it.
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Master

Here in the City of Los Angeles,

The Black Bears go swimming in people's pools.

Mountain Lions, they eat the trail bikers & hikers.
    Had one cruising the Santa Monica 3rd Street Mall a few years back.

Coyote's will come in a doggy door and drag out people's cats & small dogs. At LUNCH TIME.
    That appropriate I guess.

Glad I DON'T live in the City of Los Angeles.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    if they treat them like londoners treat foxes youll be knee deep in them till someone gets eaten then the idiots will scream blue murder and want them eradicated.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Hogustine View Post
    I wonder how many states have both mountain lion sightings and a "no mountain lions here*" policy. Arkansas is another one.

My grandfather told us "If you can hear the scream, head the other direction. If you can hear the sound he makes after the scream, you're too d**m close."
    You can add Pa to that list. Only one that's credible and seen by thousands every weekend is the Penn State Nittnay lion
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Have heard or but not seen lions or bob cats in my area of Ma. But bears, yes we do have bears, have been many seen around here, had one on my deck one evening 4 feet from my door which was open, makin a snack of the bird feeder.
    Paul G

I am Retired, I was tired yesterday and I am tired today!!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    They tested the DNA

Must of been the same company that did the Pocahontas (Sen. Elizabeth Warren) DNA Testing.

We had a set Cougar prints out back of the house (Kalispell house) last week. Didn't get into the Chicken pen, Rabbit hutch,. or bother the horses so all is well.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG View Post

Must of been the same company that did the Pocahontas (Sen. Elizabeth Warren) DNA Testing.

We had a set Cougar prints out back of the house (Kalispell house) last week. Didn't get into the Chicken pen, Rabbit hutch,. or bother the horses so all is well.
    LOL maybe https://abc7chicago.com/archive/6158309/
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Quote Originally Posted by William Yanda View Post
    If that is the case, I hope the New York Dept. of Conservation continues to insist that they are not here.
    NY says "You didn't see what you saw."

Okay... what about these photos?

PETS! NY claims they're all illegal pets that were released into the wild.
    Yeah oaky.. New York, leading the nation in released pet mountain lions.
    Former cylindersmith.

Boolit Master
    Don`t know about mountain lions in Florida where I grew up.But I know for a fact of two Jaguars(and no not the stick shift dual OHC type).One was shot by a trapper out in the Fellsmere area,and the second trotted across the road in front of me out West of Ft Pierce Fl.Absolutely beautiful animals.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    ...............A local farmer found a dead calf up in a tree, which they say is a good sign that ..............
    ............ the calf simply climbed the tree it self and cut it’s own throat!

We had a major kill by a Tom several years ago. The area Game Warden said the scratches on a two year old horse were from a lion. When his Sgt. came to confirm it the next morning the tune changed somewhat ......

The good Sgt. told us that the horse “ may have scratched itself in the bushes”!

Three44s

Boolit Master
    I called the Fish and Game department and filed a sighting report. The questions they ask obviously try to rule out other animals but there's no mistaking what I saw. It passed in front of the car in front of me (it almost got hit). I even bragged about my great eyesight (20/15).

Boolit Master

Reminds me back about 30 years ago, a group of us were at the local bow shooting store/gathering place and in comes the game warden. We start telling him about the coyotes we had seen while hunting.

"There are no coyotes in WV, and what you are seeing are wild or lost German Shepherds or stray dogs."

All of us had grown up in the woods, hunting, fishing and camping, and this didn't set too well being told we didn't know what we were seeing. The argument/debate got pretty heated. The warden quickly left. He was a college educated city boy and we were just a bunch of dumb coal miners and timber cutters!

I guess we have a lot of stray dogs and wild housecats roaming the woods of WV, and we are just too dumb and ignorant to know the difference between them and coyotes and mountain lions.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

Last month, here in Oregon near Mt. Hood a hiker was attacked and killed by a Cougar. I thought it was odd when they interviewed the local sheriff he said "We're still investigating the crime scene". Crime Scene?
    Fact: Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by condorjohn View Post
    Last month, here in Oregon near Mt. Hood a hiker was attacked and killed by a Cougar. I thought it was odd when they interviewed the local sheriff he said "We're still investigating the crime scene". Crime Scene?
    Feeding the wildlife illegally maybe?

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Myself and my SIL have seen a mountain lion 20 years apart on the back side of the farm. It is legal to kill mountain lions in Texas, but the parks and wildlife department wants you to call them and report it if you do. They have a special phone number to report kills or sightings. They know better than to attack people here, we will shoot them!
    I remember hearing one scream when we were having an outdoor fish fry when I was a small child. My grandfather explained to me what it was and I was terrified.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast