RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Books for Service Members request!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MstrEddy View Post
    It's a shame the command won't allow the electronics.
    It may well not be up to the Squadron commander - this type of policy is frequently dictated from way, way above. For instance, our current laptops don't even have CD drives in them - and it was a choice dictated by security, not economy - from Big Army.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master
    I just ordered large flat rate boxes. Should I have ordered the APO boxes instead?
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by jdfoxinc View Post
    I just ordered large flat rate boxes. Should I have ordered the APO boxes instead?
    When i went to get the APO boxes they were out of stock. They said they are the same as regular LG flat rate boxes. She told me to use them and the discount will be applied when they see the APO address. So you should be fine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Dignified? I signed up for brave and courageous, not dignified!

Boolit Master
    If she starts getting too many books could she supply us with other APOs in need?

Boolit Master

If she starts getting too many books could she supply us with other APOs in need?
    Thank you for the generous response. At this point there are enough people promising books to have her squadron well supplied. I will find out if she has any friends/contacts with other squadrons.

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Buddy

My box is on its way. PM'd tracking info

Boolit Master

AND with the books put in some McDonalds hamburger/cheeseburger wrappers,
    They are a great hit in the mess hall
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Master

Have her to go through her squadron adjutant to Recreation Services back in the states and request books. These folks have cases and cases already prepackaged to ship to overseas deployed GIs. When in Honduras some time back, I got cases and cases of new paperbacks of varied subjects and set up a small library in my Orderly Tent. I opened about 3 cases and spread the word. When the shelves got down a bit, I'd open another case and stock the shelves. In about 3 months, I got another shipment. Must have received 30 cases while we were down there./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by beagle View Post
    Have her to go through her squadron adjutant to Recreation Services back in the states and request books. These folks have cases and cases already prepackaged to ship to overseas deployed GIs. When in Honduras some time back, I got cases and cases of new paperbacks of varied subjects and set up a small library in my Orderly Tent. I opened about 3 cases and spread the word. When the shelves got down a bit, I'd open another case and stock the shelves. In about 3 months, I got another shipment. Must have received 30 cases while we were down there./beagle
    I'll pass that along. She messaged me that she received her first box today.

Boolit Master

My daughter has received five boxes so far.
    Thank You to:
    John Lifer
    Mary Rankin
    Bruce Dickinson
    Patrick Spera
    The McCrackens

Boolit Buddy

Glad they made it! Hope her efforts pay off!

Boolit Master

I spoke to my daughter last night. It was already Thanksgiving there. She asked me to thank everyone that sent boxes and to ask everyone to please not send any more books. They are running out of room for all that have been sent. Everyone in her squadron is also enjoying the other gifts and snacks that have been included in the boxes.
    These boxes have been received. Thank you to:

Military Supporter in Denver

Tom Dratler

Patrick Spera

Dick Day

Also there were several boxes from Amazon Fulfillment that didn’t have the name of the sender.

I want to thank everyone that helped in this endeavor. Reading for pleasure has always been one of my favorite pastimes. The response to help my daughter and her shipmates has truly warmed my heart and added another thing to be thankful for today on Thanksgiving.

When you gather around the table today with friends and family, please remember to include the service members away from home today in your prayers.

Thank You and Happy Thanksgiving.

Boolit Master
    Dang I was just packing my next box. Any feed back on other squadrons ships boats in need?

Saw my name on there, always nice to get a personal thank you.

Boolit Master

Dang I was just packing my next box. Any feed back on other squadrons ships boats in need?
    After starting to get side eye glances from everyone because of all the boxes she received, my daughter's comment to them was, "My dad KNOWS people!" That warmed my heart and got a chuckle from me. Everyone loved getting the books, but was especially glad to see the snacks and treats that were in the boxes.

If you are interested in sending some treats for Christmas, the post office has advised mailing them by December 11th. My wife and I are putting together our Christmas box now. Candy, jerky, and like items as well as Christmas cards would be well received.

This is the first Christmas that my daughter will be away and my wife is already taking it pretty hard. When you pray for the service members that will be away for the holidays, please include the families that will have an empty spot at home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12