Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Graf & SonsStainLess Steel MediaLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners

Thread: Static generator ??

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)

Static generator ??

Somebody was talking about ABS accumulating static quickly. Got me to thinking about our vacuum system at work, it is schedule 80 PVC I think, but any time you need to change a filter it will zap you good when you touch it. Was thinking about making something like that to use a vacuum cleaner to pull air through a double walled container.

Apparently air moving past anything leaves a static charge ? That is why antennas are grounded ??

So I needed a way to discharge the static charge which can build up in the antenna. Antenna acts a a capacitor against ground. The 80m 1/4-wave vertical antenna capacitance is in the order of 100-200pF. Snowflakes and rain can and will carry a charge and charge the antenna (capacitor)
    Both ends WHAT a player

Yes, static is accumulated in the plastic as air and particles pass through, forget the name of the principle. Some cheap PC guns use the method. The reason we use #5 plastic is it's dielectric constant, holds charge longer. No, antenna towers are grounded to act as a lightning arrester system due to charged clouds from above.
    Whatever!

I was trying for far two long last night to get some Lil'Gun powder out of my Pact auto dispenser last night , wiping and blowing and still it wouldn't come out. I thought "dang, I need to make a bullet tumbler out of this stuff!
    Former cylindersmith.

I did my first DT last night using Smoke's powder. After the swirl and shake I looked in the container and wasn't real sure I'd gotten good coverage. I looked around for a piece of flannel to rub the plastic container with and spied a pair of my military wool gloves in a box on top of the freezer. Put them on and did the swirl and shake again, with a little extra rubbing. Got excellent coverage.