Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Remington 700 SPS

Boolit Master

Remington 700 SPS

Have had this rifle for ages 308 win and finally got a chance to try cast bullets.
    Tried 170 and 200 gr Spire point gas check sized .311 with a 14 gr charge of Red Dot. Rifle has a Burris 8x32 withWeaver style mounts. I don't consider myself the worlds greatest shot but I was hitting soda size cans and smaller targets at 100 yes. Cleaned the rifle and no leading. If this is in the wrong forum mods feel free to move it

Boolit Master
    I’ve had one of those for years. Mine is cut to 20” for portability. Here is one of it’s favorite loads:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	014C5527-25A1-45F3-91EA-BD2988653C9F.jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	228753
    USMC 6638

My stainless SPS 7-08 has never seen a JB.

It wears two scopes in classic Weaver rings,there's a 1-4x20 Luepold,and its 2000fps IMR4198 beercan load.The other is a 4-12x40 chinkenese that,has some of the best internal,positive "clicks" of any scope I've ever tested..... loaded VERY heavy with Varget.Up past 2500fps,that will embarrass JB shooters with 3 shot groups.Skinny barrel can't take any more heat. Both scopes pop on/off and stay within a click or so of their respective zero's.Got safes stuffed full of rigs but this SPS is probably my favorite.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Mine is the even cheaper ADL synthetic in 6.5 Creedmoor. It's a very nice rifle for the money and more accurate than I can take advantage of. I have the floorplate mag parts if I ever decide to get a nicer stock.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.