RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionWideners
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Bushnell Trophy TRS 25 red dot sight

Moderator Emeritus

Bushnell Trophy TRS 25 red dot sight

I was looking for a good red dot sight for my Ruger PC9 carbine and while doing the research I found that for 2018 the Bushnell Tropht TRS 25 red dot was a great sight for a very reasonable price.....less than $50.00! Of course it is made in China but based on the recommendations I took the gamble and ordered one. It came in and I mounted it on the carbine and whisked off to the range for a sesson.....in 5 shots I was at the point of aim that I wanted.....this combination is wickedly accurate and easy to use......I really like it as did three other observers that wanted to try it.....was not sure I was going to get the rifle and scope back but alas it came home with me.....The long and the short is that the sight is every bit as good as the research and the recommendations that I combed over......Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

I put on a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot on my mini-30 a year ago. Just in the past few weeks I bought second TRS-25 for my Ruger PC9 carbine. Like you I found the Ruger to be very accurate, even with using a 3 minute dot TRS-25 sight. Out of four loads tested, 3 of them shot under 1 inch at 25 yards. Next trip to the rifle range I will be sighting in the Ruger for 50 yards.
    As for the TRS-25 red dot, I would buy a third one with no hesitation as they have proven to be reliable and accurate. Makes for very fast target acquisition.

Boolit Buddy
    I bought one when they first came out. Within a month I bought 4 more they are a great sight.

Boolit Buddy
    I bought one for my Mossy 500 20" 12 gauge Turkey gun and absolutely love it. Actually bagged a double the 1st time out with it. Has held up nicely despite many many 3" mag Turkey loads. Also recently put one on my 17" barreled No4 Mk 1 303 British deer rifle and couldn't be happier with it. Really handy and quick in the low light conditions of the conifer wetlands I hunt. But also easy aiming in the bright sunlight out to 100 yards at the outdoor range.

One of the best values out there in my opinion.
    Last edited by Duster340; 10-13-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Bushnell Trophy TRS 25 red dot sight

I have one on an AR pistol in 9mm. Had high hopes for it. The dot isn’t a dot on mine. It’s a blob like most of the cheap red dots. Was easy to sight in and I haven’t had any issues w/ it so far. Changing brightness settings takes effort but you can be sure it’s not going to move. And I know it will hold up over time.

I bought a bunch of cheap no name red dots for $20 that have more features and a more compact design. Time will tell how they hold up. But so far I like them better than the TRS-25. My gut instinct is that they will fail over time and can’t be trusted. For range toys they work just fine.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    If it's a blob and not a dot, there's something wrong with it. I've got about a half dozen and love them.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    If it's a blob and not a dot, there's something wrong with it. I've got about a half dozen and love them.
    I sent one back and the new one was the same. I’m not going to try a third time. The dot is representative of its cost. And before anyone says it, I’ve had my eyes checked and there’s nothing wrong w/ them.

Banned

even my vortex, sig sauer and yes even my aimpoint don't have a perfect dot. Its mostly a matter of some peoples eye sight then it is the specific red dot your using. If you want to buy a cheap red dot the trs25 is hands down the best thing under a 100 bucks. Ive owned at least a half a dozen of them and never had one give me a single bit of trouble. Biggest disadvantes to them is the 200 dollar plus models have features like auto shut off to save batterys or the ability to leave it on for years on the same batterys. Yes they might be a bit more reliable under rough combat conditions but not many of us will ever face that and not many of us are going to grab a 1022 or pc9 to fight for there life. Im not a salesman for them or someone who feels he has to justify not buying better. My better guns wear better red dots but for a plinker they do just what there suppose to do and do it well and don't take a loan to buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post

Boolit Master

Love the tsr25 have four of them, may put a fiction my 870 project when it’s done. Never a problem with them even on fairly hard use guns.

Boolit Master
    I have a few of the TRS-25s and like them very much. They are a Great value for the $. I have had Aimpoints since the early 90s and they work without fail but the prices kept going up and up, so I tried one of these on a 223 and 300BO and asked myself why pay more???
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

I've got 6 of them and I have promoted the heavily on this site and Perfect Union and Calguns. The TRS-25 is the best bang for your buck out there. They are essentially a Chinese made Aimpoint except you get 6 of them for the cost of one Aimpoint.

If I had to go to War I'd want the Aimpoint, but if I had to go to war and couldn't get an Aimpoint,,, I'd gladly use one of these and take a couple more along as spares. None of mine have ever burped or farted. My uses range from a 10/22, to a KT S2K to all my Carbines and even my RGS Rifle. I have yet to even run a battery out, and 2032 batteries are cheap and I keep extras with the guns just in case.

As far as the dot being blurred that is a result of not being lined up directly in line with the optic. If you are off even a little to one side or the other the dot will distort slightly. Another problem can be if you are shooting thru glasses they will distort the dot easily and for the same reason. Also the dot will distort more the brighter it is. #8 is about all I can use in bright sunlight and less in less light. I sight in at the lowest level I can use.

After the gun is sighted in it really makes no difference as where ever the dot or blob is,,, is where the bullet is going.

You can't go wrong with one of these, and Prices range from $50 to $90 depending on the time of year and what sales are running. When you go to major websites like Midway USA you will see thousands of reviews and a Rating of 4.7 or above. That should tell you something.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com