Titan ReloadingGraf & SonsLee PrecisionStainLess Steel Media
RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot Sauce Business?

Boolit Master

I want some too!

Shark Tank

Since others are suggesting some 'far-out' ideas, I'll throw that one out there LOL

Boolit Master
    Hot sauces are a very crowded market at the moment. Same thing for barbecue sauce. I watched at least one person come through the Show Shark Tank w/ a sauce. The amount of money the contestant had already spent was in the hundreds of thousands. But that was nothing compared to the numbers being discussed about distribution.

I wish you luck if you try to sell it. But itís not going to be an easy one.

put me down for one

Boolit Master
    Good luck on your journey with the hot sauce! Don't know whee you are, but if you got big enough to have to buy peppers - check out Hatch, NM. When we go to AZ from MI, we usually take the road through Hatch and hot peppers are all over the place - it's my understanding that they are one of largest growers - but that is hearsay from talking with folks there.

Vendor Sponsor
    Jaysouth is right, not just about sauce, but a lot of products too. I would make enough for local restaurants that will purchase and farmers market. Forget chains. Maybe a few local groceries that dont charge for spots for locally produced items. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

How hot on the Scoville? A niche or "hook" is where you can make it. Forget Food Lion, WalMart etc for now anyways. Guy at home found one for Maple Syrup. Not by the gallon but selling it in small, fancy shaped bottles as "Organic Maple Syrup" through boutiques in NYC. Instead of the
    $40 Gal it normally goes for he is getting something like $500 gal. Same syrup. We both laughed like heck over the flatlanders but he is making Bank.

I'd work that angle, online sales like Etsy and so on.

I'd like to try a bottle but I don't like real hot death sauce. Texas Pete is about as hot as I like.
    Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.

Bastiat

Non nobis Domine,
    non nobis,
    sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Crux Sacra Sit Mihi Lux

Tu Ne Cede Malis

Boolit Master

Fly in the ointment-Health Department.
    Here in Ohio, you need to manufacture your product in a certified kitchen, have the kitchen inspected by the health dept. and if you pass you will have to buy a $200.00 licence every year. Fines are in the thousands of dollars and you'll need insurance incase someone gets sick from your hot sause.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Mold
    Same here in Wis. you have to book spots in a certified kitchen, and have the health dept. inspect, and show proof of insurance. Can't imagine Illinois would miss a chance at taxing, and regulating you too. They have hit just about everywhere else, to tax.

Boolit Bub
    If you ever take a road trip from southern IL to the great Southwest, stop by Subiaco Abbey in Arkansas and try some of their "monk sauce." A couple of the monks have a pretty good side business going re: hot sauce, and I bet they would enjoy sharing some advice re: production and marketing. Plus, it's just a neat/beautiful trip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12