Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWidenersReloading Everything
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Best Vacuum For Brass Swarf?

Boolit Buddy

Best Vacuum For Brass Swarf?

Looking for something reasonably powerful, yet reasonably quiet since it's 2 feet from me...
    The yard sale vac gave up and my wife will murder me in my sleep if I try to swipe her vacuum.

What do you guys use/recommend?
    Dillon 1500 trimmer by the way...

Boolit Bub
    I use the little craftsman shop vac but it is pretty loud I did buy some extra vac hose so that I can just put the vac outside of the shop it’s a little quieter that way.

Boolit Master
    I don't bother with vacuuming up all of that debris. I just bring in a full airtank with a blower gun from the shop and blow it all off. Its much more effective. Then, about once a week my wife vacuums up the "Library" floor and complains about it, but I just blow it off. But sometimes she makes me pay later.

Boolit Master

I don't bother with vacuuming up all of that debris. I just bring in a full airtank with a blower gun from the shop and blow it all off. Its much more effective. Then, about once a week my wife vacuums up the "Library" floor and complains about it, but I just blow it off. But sometimes she makes me pay later.
    You blow off her complaining or you blow off the brass.

Anyway back to the ? All the small vacs are basically noisy. let it pile up a bit and brush off the pile.
    Then use the house Vac for a quick pick up of the remaining chips, have flowers and candy ready
    use ear plugs--leave them in if The screaming gets to intolerable decibel levels.

Hey ! just sayin,
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

DataVac is an electric caned air replacement. It great blowing everything that's not bolted down (fair warning) on my bench, every tiny nick and cranny, even on the 550b and CO-AX. As mentioned above the household vacuum to get the floor. Designed for computers so it's a multipurpose duster.
    "An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out." Will Rogers

At one time I had a 600 square foot room dedicated to reloading. I had a Dillon power trimmer for making a 80 thousands short 6.5-08 for a across the course rifle. The noise of the trimmer and the vac was terrible so I "plumbed" a port in the wall behind the press and placed the vac inside a walk in attic space. I used a large ShopVac, don't remember the model. Getting it out of the room reduced the noise considerably. I also bought smooth clear hose that didn't catch the swarf so much as the OEM vac hose.