Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bad Knees

Boolit Master

A meniscus tear is repairable with orthroscopic surgery. Cortisone may help but it is temporary. Most times 3 shots is all a doctor will give you. If the cartridge is gone then a knee joint replacement will be needed. Cortisone will relieve the pain. I am sure an mri will be ordered to determine what is needed.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I think mine were 4ccs in volume. Not heard of the blood related procedure, hmmm.

Boolit Master

I had cortisone injections in my L4-5 area a couple of years ago. Lasted about 2-3 months, had it again, again lasted 2-3 mos, had it again, no joy. the next procedure I didn't care for, so am addressing L4-5 problem a different way. Regarding knees, I had a new left knee put in 3-4 years ago, and just minor problems. Right knee is still OK...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    Having been almost crippled with pain for some years in 2005 I eventually had two replacement Knees,six months between operations.Since then I have been pain free and at 81 years of age still enjoy Shooting.Prior to my opps I did have Cortizone injections that eased the pain for a limited time but that treatment cannot be sustained for a long period.Good luck with your future treatment for a very painfull ailment that can be cured by surgery.

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    >>>Question? Is that how Rooster Comb is put into your system?
    My Dr uses Ultrasound to find where to inject the fluid. He then injected some Lidocaine as a numbing agent, then he injected the medicine. The shots were spaced 2 weeks apart I received two in the outside and two in the inside of the knee. The whole procedure for each injection probably didn't take more than 5 minutes. After each the knee was wrapped in an Ace Bandage to make sure the medicine stayed in. I was told to wear the bandage for at least 4 hours.

The Blood thing is a procedure where they pull a vial of your blood, spin it in a Centrifuge to separate the Platelets then those are injected into the knee. Insurance will not cover those and my Dr charges $500.00 an injection.
    Democracy is two wolves and a
    lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting
    the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Buddy
    I had two cortisone injections, the first one took about a week to work, and lasted maybe a month. The second one stirred things up, and hurt more than it helped.

Boolit Master

I took al the shots I could. Had to get my knee replaced After 10 years of shots

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Had the "rooster comb" injections in both knees, last week; PT Monday and the next 6 weeks, the horror! LOL

It should help though, even though I hate having (pick one of: Physical Therapy, Personal Terrorist, Physical Torturer, Personal Torturer, you get the idea) appointments. A lot.

The Hyaluric Acid (Uncertain I am spelling that right, SynVisc is one trade name for the stuff) injections DID make my knees sore for about a week, pretty sure most any injection into the knee capsule will do something like that though! They make it better after that though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123