RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Looking for suggestions

Boolit Master

Looking for suggestions

My wife inherited every thing from her uncle in California a few years ago, we just loaded everything into a moving van and shipped it to a storage unit by our house in Western Massachusetts. We have a collection of True West magazines that we don't have room for. We're in the process of moving our stuff from Massachusetts to Florida over the next few years and we don't want to throw them away. We would like to donate them to someplace where they would be appreciated. Mailing might be costly I think. The old soldiers home here didn't want them. Like the title says need suggestions.

Last edited by bdicki; 10-11-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Boolit Master
    No idea what to do with them but they look to be a treasure. When I think of all the magazines I have purchased over the years and never kept them neat and tidy.....well I wish I had that money back.

If anything like baseball cards, sell at flea market.
    Whatever!

Moderator Emeritus

I know many here are not fans of facebook.
    But, one of several things good about social media is, finding local buyers and/or local places that accept donations of stuff like this.
    facebook should have several "garage sale" pages or "swap" pages that are local to your town. Also, there is usually a civic page to find organisations that would accept donations of such stuff. for instance, I live in Glencoe...there are two civic pages, "Life in Glencoe" and "Real life in Glencoe"...most small towns have similar named FB pages.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Thanks guys, found a new home.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    If you are going to donate them and can't find a place - maybe you could find someone who would put the up on fleabay - they would probably sell . . . have no idea how much. Whoever sells them for you could keep the money or whatever they bring could be donated to a charity of your choice. It would be a shame to pitch them as there has to be some place or someone who would enjoy reading them. Check in your area for Assisted Living Centers - there might be one who has residents who would enjoy them. Good luck with them and with your move as well!