Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabelas Card holders - Merger issues

Boolit Master

Cabelas Card holders - Merger issues

Just out of curiosity, how many other people had their cabelas points wiped out by the merger with Capital One? They assure me it was an "accident" yet I've spent 3 days on the phone and I'm still out $200+ I was saving for a Christmas present. They assured us during the merger that points would be retained but this appears to be a standard capital one bait and switch tactic. Anyone else had issues?
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master

havent seen the new card yet, but burned up most of my points recently, so at least if they f it up i wont be out much.

Moderator Emeritus

While Cabela's did promise their points program would continue and not change and points would be transferable...I burnt up all my points about 6 months ago, shortly after the merger was announced...and quit using that card, mostly because I don't trust BPS and I was worried of where Cabela's prices would raise to, to closer match BPS.
    So, I started using my Amazon Visa card with better points program (I've been burned years ago, by a Citibank rewards change, so I hold no loyalty to any bank).

I hope they help you recover your points, but be sure to document all "your" time spent doing so.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    I just signed on with the new Capital one program...is shows the point/$ transferred over just fine. Still have the old card though.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hodges View Post
    I just signed on with the new Capital one program...is shows the point/$ transferred over just fine. Still have the old card though.
    My initial setup at capital one showed correct, my statement closed on Oct 10, and my balance of points was zero'd out. i still have the statement from the past month and I never spent a dime. They restricted my card during the weekend, i called to get it reactivated and then noticed they zero'd me out. I've spent 2 hours on calls with capital one and cabelas, no results so far.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Still have the points, but I think I am going to burn them this holiday season.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I just signed in and my points are in the new one.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Grand Master

When I heard of the merger stuff I told my wife to use up the points she had on her card, I don't have one. Sometimes things get lost in the mix. She hasn't used her card since.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Typical.
    Lawyers and bean counters found profit and earned their pay at your expense. Keep after them and document who and when you spoke. No guarantee but only the squealing wheel will get greased.
    I've had a similer problem with WalMart rewards points.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Bub
    My bride and I have their cards. She spent most of the points on both cards two weeks ago. Good for her, no so for me. Oh well. Better used than possibly lost.
    However. On Monday she tried to use her card for a purchase and it was denied. Tried my card. Denied. Put some stuff back and paid cash.
    A now scorned woman spent a spell on phone looking for answers. My card needed me to contact them just to confirm I am me. Card working again. Inconvenient and unnecessary.
    However her card still messed up and not working and they can not determine why.
    So might be wise to be proactive and check.
    We were planning to get different cards anyway. Don’t like this new BPS businesses.

Bass Pro is really pretty crappy operation. Sorry, personal opinion, I've been in the home store, the one at Branson, the one in Independence, MO, and the one in Little Rock. Typical old phart gun store. Someone behind counter who knows beans about what they are selling but who wants to spin a yarn and waste your time. Independence fwiw had the best clerks. But that was a couple of years ago. Times do change. Cabelas was always a cut above in my not humble opinion. WAY better prices, WAY better service. And good employees that seemed to want to help you. Headed downhill since merger. Prices headed up, service downward. Oh well. I don't do credit cards, had their non credit card rewards card but used points a while ago. And yep, one reason for not using CCs is just what you experienced, need something and it doesn't work. CASH

Moderator Emeritus

My points transferred but I didn't have much.. just $1.01. Spent them on a new fishing rod mid summer.

Boolit Master
    Has anyone received the new cards yet?
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by cabezaverde View Post
    Has anyone received the new cards yet?
    I have not...I do plan to transfer it to Capital One and keep it, as it has a large credit limit...but I doubt it'll get much use, other than for credit report purposes. I have a couple other accounts with Capital One and have the online registration with them, so a transfer should be simple.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    I have not. So far my old card is working.

I have done business with Wells Fargo since 1972. Last week I got a call from them telling me they had cancelled the card with an explanation that someone had gone to Bed Bath And Beyond, made a purchase of $750.52. They recognised it as fraud. Also quizzed me about $450 I had paid for a hearing aid. Second time was at Wal-Mart a few months ago and this time at CVS pharmacy for $75.00 . Takes about a week to get a new card. I think the bank sees what my normal spending habit is and a bigger charge flags a response. Whatever way it is I sorta like it. I get points from Sam's Club card.

I had drop my Cabelas card after Cap one took over and did not like all they had on it.I have enough of one card that I get from my bank. Also for how Cabelas went up in there price since BPS took over. I do not need there card anymore. When I call to close my account with Cap one they ask me the reason why and I told them that I do not need a reason to give just like I did not need one when I open one.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    I closed out my Cabela's card three months ago. I getting too old to be in debt. The "rewards" just didn't outweigh the risk of running the card up and interest charges. We have a local Cabela's and I don't like where it is going either. I loved their clothing in the past but the store carries mostly name brands like Columbia now (which don't fit me at all).

Boolit Grand Master

I have tried to get into my account with Capitol one but so far no luck. Been on the phone twice with them and they tell me I never filled out the new application, which I did, twice. I am going to look for a replacement card and close it down when I get time.
    Prices are crazy at Bass Pro and Cabela's now. I'll shop the Sportsmans Warehouse and WalMart.

Banned

Credit card? What is that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast