RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freechex - who makes them now?

Quote Originally Posted by Rcmaveric View Post
    Yeah buddy!! **** I wish i had your guys tools and skill. Lol being an electrician by trade doesnt help this hobby any.

I was looking at a mini hobby lathe to make some reloading tools with. I cant justify the price to my wife. She is all ready mad about my plans for customizing all our guns.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Im a dumb sparkie myself. Bought a cheap Chiner hobby lathe. Works well enough. All manual... all you need to do is take your time.

In Remembrance
    Its all about the time involved. You can make one yourself with some practice and research, its best to use a lathe and mill. A mini-lathe is not ideal at all, a little bench mill is fine though for making the small items. A 10x28 or so lathe is really small, but it can do the job. We started out with a Precision Matthews branded lathe, much better than Grizzly in our experience. Same machines, different paint and quality control. The small mills are pathetic cutting tool steel, I would say you need around 1 hp at least. The mini machines are rated in watts, some are only 250 watts. So, be careful comparing the small machines.

Boolit Master
    When I made these to sell I just used a bandsaw to cut the slot.. Use a light shining in the end and watch the blade. When the blade cut into the other side of the id it was good to go. I was so worried about this operation but it was actually pretty easy. If a guy had a nice grinder and some heat treating furnaces you could sell boat loads of these. I made and sold a few hundred sets.

Quote Originally Posted by arjacobson View Post
    When I made these to sell I just used a bandsaw to cut the slot.. Use a light shining in the end and watch the blade. When the blade cut into the other side of the id it was good to go. I was so worried about this operation but it was actually pretty easy. If a guy had a nice grinder and some heat treating furnaces you could sell boat loads of these. I made and sold a few hundred sets.
    The sets you made for me are the cat's meow. I was very sorry when you discontinued production.
    Dan
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12