Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Lee Precision

Thread: XD(m) 10mm Finally

Banned

XD(m) 10mm Finally

Been waiting for the long discussed debut of the XD(m) in 10mm
    So will be adding that to my fleet of XD varients.
    Finally

2 BARREL LENGTHS AVAILABLE
    Available with a 4.5" or 5.25" barrel, both lengths are well-balanced when combined with the full-size grip frame for maximum controllability and comfort while shooting. The 4.5" model features a low-profile combat rear sight paired with a fiber optic front sight, while the 5.25" version has a fully adjustable target rear sight with fiber optic front.

XD(M) 10mm barrel lengths

15 ROUND 10MM CAPACITY
    Holding 15+1 rounds, the XD(M)® 10mm tames this potent cartridge for a comfortable shooting experience with each pull of the trigger.

INTERCHANGEABLE BACKSTRAPS
    Count on comfort with 3 interchangeable backstraps. A small, medium and large size are included.

TAKE FULL ADVANTAGE OF 10MM
    Fully supported chambers and ramped barrels are designed for the most powerful
    Last edited by jmort; 10-10-2018 at 04:43 PM.

Boolit Master
    That’s going to cost me some money.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Boolit Grand Master

I’m definitely gonna have to get one. I wish they’d make the target model with the option to add an RMR style sight.

i must admit that their ''new''' ten in 5.25 gets me thinking......and on top of it, i like the brand.

Banned

I am an XD guy. I was completely disappointed when Springfield came out with the 1911 10 mm first. Super stupid in my opinion. This will be a home-run for me.

Boolit Master

Many have waited a lonnnnggg time for this.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

They announced it at shot show 17. Guess there were more engineering problems than they thought.

Banned

From what I recall, at that time Springfield said 10mm 1911 and XD. Then nothing, then 1911 a while back and now, finally we have arrived. Hopefully the did use all this time to make it right. I do not like being a Beta-Tester.

Boolit Master
    Would be a XD I would actually own. Now, if we can more Commander lenght 1911's out there.

Vendor Sponsor

For a limited time only.. I have a carbide 10mm/40 caliber throating reamer. It is the ONLY thing that will throat a salt bath hardened barrel. It is nearly new, it cuts .4025" last I used it, it may have 10-12 barrels left on it until it wears down. I am not planning on replacing it so after it wears, it's a done deal for the .400" barrels and I won't be able to throat any more of them.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    I’m on the list for the 4.5” at my LGS.
    They were not expecting to see any until after Christmas. They said being “released” and being shipped are different concepts.

Well at least it’s encouraging. I’d given up Springfield was going to follow through with the 10mm XD(M). I’m not going to be afraid to be a beta tester on these. I’ve got my Sig P220 DA/SA and a G20 with a KKM barrel and night sights in case the XD doesn’t work out. Got a feeling the G20 might be on light duty and might be a candidate to be “re-homed”. Sure looking forward to the XD grip angle.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

i really eally like the look of this gun.the wheel hasn't been reinvented here,but i love the front-back slide serrations and the half way rail ; don't know if the slide got lightened on purpose on this 5.25 barreled 1:16 twist version ,but it has everything to be a fast cycling gun....and probably a trigger kit is already available for the thinkerers...

seems like they kind of insist on the 10.000 hydra shock rounds fired ''without a single failure''' but they don't say they were shot consecutively lol. ....this one reminds me of good ol todd jarret para ordinance test which was 1000 consecutive rounds fired as fast as he could LOL.....by today standards 1000 rounds is nothing .

Last edited by glockfan; 10-12-2018 at 11:56 PM.

What bugs me about trumpeting the 10k hydrashok test, is that hydrashoks are loaded down to 40 cal range. Not near full power 10mm.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    What bugs me about trumpeting the 10k hydrashok test, is that hydrashoks are loaded down to 40 cal range. Not near full power 10mm.
    XTP's in 180 at 1275fps at the muzzle would had been quite credible test ammo,revealing what the gun can endure.

hydra shocks record a 1030 fps at the muzzle ,but i'm guessing they used hydra shock because it,s a dedicated self defence ammo that can be '''managed ''' by people with different strenght levels.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by shooting on a shoestring View Post
    I’m on the list for the 4.5” at my LGS.
    They were not expecting to see any until after Christmas. They said being “released” and being shipped are different concepts.
    Folks on other gun forums reportedly saw them on shelves a couple of days ago but they were quickly snatched up...

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/211652
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master

Yea, I might have to add to the sub compact mod.2 I have in 40 with extra barrels in 357 sig and 9mm.

Boolit Buddy
    I ordered the 4.5” and it will be here this week.

I saw one on the shelf yesterday at a local gun store. I was looking for a different pistol but a close relative of it.
    I might have gone for it but I am not set up for 10mm.
    I ended up finding an XDM 45 competition with 5.25 barrel. Will be interesting to see how it shoots.

Boolit Man
    I have the 5.25 competition outfitted as a 460 rowland. The compensator makes the gun seem long and front heavy. It does pack quite a punch though..I may have to save for a 10 mm. The Rowland carries nicely when bow hunting.

I went back to that LGS today and looked at the 10mm XD pistols they had. They had both the 4.5 inch and the 5.25 inch in the case.
    Anybody near Davenport Iowa that wants one, they are available.