RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: seating gas checks

Boolit Master

seating gas checks

I know a lot of you have the same problems i have with seating gas checks , they tend to cock or not seat all the way. I was messing with ways to get them to work. This is what i found-- lightly install and start boolit in die, then tap the handle like hammering into size die, This is on the Lee push through but it may work on the lube sizer also it works every time and check is tight shotman/rick

Boolit Master

Rick,

I have found with some of my boolits it works best to run them through the Lee push through dies backwards when trying to seat gas checks. I have done this with just about every boolit design out there with the exception of the Loverin's and have had no ill effects to the nose of the boolit.

Best Wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Boolit Master

bo I did that for awhile worked ok with rifle up to 40cal try what i desribed it will seat 44 and 45 perfect--check dont need to be straight just start boolet till it sticks in die ,then tap handle you can feel it seat solid. I tried the backward deal with the 311413 it will mash the point-this dont rick

Boolit Grand Master
    Your method works with the Lee sizers and the Star sizer (bottom pressure, rather than nose pressure). Doesn't work with the Lyman/RCBS because of the nose punch. If the nose punch isn't well aligned, it will mar the boolit.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Master

well i wasnt sure if by raising handle if it would work with the lube type . I sold all my lube stuff some years back after Lee came out with the push dies.The tumble lube is all i use now rick