RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan Reloading

Thread: Taurus raging bull

Boolit Buddy

Taurus raging bull

Is any one shooting the Raging Bull in 44 mag.? How do you like it a& what kind of accuracy are you getting? I do like the looks of it.

Boolit Grand Master

Never shot one. Taurus’ most durable design. I’d love to find one in 41 Mag.

Boolit Master

Never shot one either but I did briefly own a 357 Taurus that also had the ported barrel. It was accurate...with jacketed bullets. It shot my cast bullets into a pattern. Now the same loads shot fine in Colt, Ruger and S&W 357's, same bullet. My conclusion, right or wrong, was the ported barrels did not like cast bullets and it went down the road. Just my brief experience, YMMV.
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator

Gun-Tests magazine recently tested a Taurus 357 Magnum revolver and found accuracy to be unacceptable.

Boolit Master
    ive got a raging bull 480 that shoots great 8 3/8 baRREL

Boolit Master
    Raging Bull 454 here. Great gun, super strong. Never really shot it for groups on paper, but pop cans out to 50 yds are toast.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

I've had a scoped 454 for about 15 years. It will group ~2 1/2" at 100. Amazing how much damage a 240 grain XTP at 1800 fps will do. Never tried to shoot cast boolits through it, though.

Boolit Buddy

My friend had a Ruger Super Redhawk in 44 with a Burris 2-7 on it. His dad owned a Raging Bull in 44 with some sort of cheap red dot on it. When the dad passed away, my friend shot his dad's Taurus and liked it so much, he sold his SRH. Less felt recoil and much better accuracy. Still hunts it to this day, happy as a clam. YMMV

Had both a 454 and 41, both were great, accurate guns. The 41 had a 8 3/8" and the 454 a 6 1/2". Traded the 41 for an unfired Colt Series 70 1911. Still have the 454 but thinking about getting rid of it since I got my Freedom Arms 454.
    Long story short, you won't be disappointed. I could keep a cylinder full in a group I could cover with my first at 50 yds- that's good enough for me.
    Do the best you can, with what you've got, where you're at. -Theodore Roosevelt

I've had my 454 Raging Bull for better than 15 years. Have put over 1,000 rounds of mainly full house j-word rounds through it. No problems. Good accuracy. Just got a Lee 300 grain mold. Going to powder coated gas checked boolets from here on. I would get another one if anything were to happen to the one I have.

Boolit Buddy
    I've got a .44 raging bull, and .454 raging judge. I haven't shot cast out of them yet, but I can shoot ragged holes with both @25yds. I owned a Ruger Redhawk in .44 and didn't like shooting it, the raging bull made me want to shoot a bunch of .44. I shot a RBH in .454 and my hand went numb after the first shot, with the judge I shot a full cylinder with no reprecussions. Shooting .45LC feels like a .22lr.

I'll play the devil's advocate here. Not fond of Taurus's customer service policies. in all honesty, you have to admit they're lacking? Hot and cold IMHO.
    Steve
    "The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
    Life member NRA, USPSA, ISRA
    Life member AF&AM 294

USMC 77, USRA 79

I have a Taurus in 44 Mag with a ported barrel... shoots fine with cast and cast is all I have ever shot with it... acceptable accuracy if I do my part...
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

I never shot a Raging Bull. I have shot other revolvers. There is nothing wrong with them. However, I shoot Smith and Wesson’s a little better.