Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
Snyders JerkyLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Browning T-bolt .22 magnum

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters

Browning T-bolt .22 magnum

Anyone had problems with the magazines on this type rifle ? When new the magazine fit snug into the Mag. well with no movement . Now , a couple years later the magazine has to be pushed up tight in order to feed .

Thanks , Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

I tried to search for any similar complaints to yours.
    Found some that may or may not be relevant, but it's safe to say that you're not the only one with complaints, they're just far & few between.

On RFC, one poster [post #6] stated: "The action screws weren't loose, but they weren't tight either. I torqued them to about 20 pounds, thus pulling the mag well a hair up into the stock. Now everything feeds perfectly." See other comments--->>> https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...-bolt+magazine

I also read that some rounds can get slightly hung up on the magazine lip when feeding necessitating the removal of some plastic material from the front of it.

The fact that the bolt encounters more resistance with the magazine installed compared to not having a magazine installed would seem to point to potential for friction to exhert some downward pressure on the magazine, which may affect its position in the well or alignment over time (wear & tear?).

Lastly, a magazine buyer on the Midway site mentioned that he had concerns over its durability because of its plastic construction and the potential for the plastic backplate to separate which holds it together.--->>> https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...-polymer-clear

While these observations may seem unrelated, they may not all be.

Some magazines can be tempermental, as I learned from a 10/22 that I owned and on which I had installed a plastic Choate pistol grip stock. The stock had very slightly altered the pressure or amount of support for the magazine, which would cause misfeeds every once on a while when there were none previously.
    After the stock was changed again, the problem stopped. The walls of the plastic magazine well were not rigid or supportive enough when the bolt traveled back & forth compared to the original wood stock. Very slight differences can cause changes & malfunctions.

I would check those action screws to see if they had any affect on the magazine position if they loosened up over time.
    Last edited by arcticap; 10-09-2018 at 03:56 PM.

That is something I hadn't thought to check . Accuracy seems unaffected by the magazines inability to feed right .

Crazy thing is , when the rifle was new it fed great . I hate to think I'm going to have to buy a new magazine every couple of years .

This wouldn't be happening if CZ would have been selling left hand .22 magnum bolt action rifles when I wanted one .

Jack

Black Rifles Matter

Did you read on RFC how some folks recommended only loading 9 rounds and to skip loading the 1st round of the mag?

I didn't think that related to your problem, but have you ever tried that?

No , but the last time I loaded it I only put five rounds in the magazine . Today it seemed to be fine and the action screws are snug . Magazine still has a lot of play , I wonder it the wrong plastic was used and it's dimensions are changing over time .

Jack

Black Rifles Matter