RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Sling swivels, what gives?

Boolit Master

Sling swivels, what gives?

I was not aware the level of difficulty involved in finding non-detachable sling swivels! I am working on a little rifle project, that I'll detail here at some point, but it is a sporterized mil-surp, cut down to carbine length with a dandy little Fajen Huntsman stock that I wanted to keep looking original, including not using the new fangled detachable sling swivels for something like a 1907 sling. Scouring the internet has turned up very little, with the only thing I can find being Grovtec 1" (machine screw forend, wood screw rear) which won't even fit a 1907 sling (1.25") and on top of that Amazon says they generally ship in 1-3 months! A little late for hunting season this year. I even tried to find a used set on Ebay and can't turn up a current listing. Am I the only one in the shooting public that is not obsessed with taking my sling on and off? Does anyone have a source for them that isnt in the $25+ range?
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

No promises, but I will dig around in my parts box tonight and see if I can find you some fixed inch and a quarter swivels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have this. Yours if you want, they need tweaked a bit.

Boolit Master
    Restoring a little faith in humanity after an attempted break-in and stolen licence plate this week! Thank you very much, you are a gentleman and a scholar. I will post a good PIF for someone in your honor sir!
    Raisin' Black Angus cows, outta gas, outta money, outta tags, low on boolits, but full 'a hope on the Rocky Mountain Eastern Slope!
    Why does a man with a 7mag never panic buy? Because a man with a 7mag has no need to panic!

"If you ain't shootin', you should be reloadin' if you ain't reloadin' you should be movin', if you ain't movin', somebody's gonna come by and cut your head off and put it on a stick!" Words to fight by, from Clint Smith

Boolit Bub
    I've got a few with wood screws if you still need them.

Boolit Master

Love to see the giving nature of those who belong here! Nicely done gents!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 429421Cowboy View Post
    I was not aware the level of difficulty involved in finding non-detachable sling swivels! I am working on a little rifle project, that I'll detail here at some point, but it is a sporterized mil-surp, cut down to carbine length with a dandy little Fajen Huntsman stock that I wanted to keep looking original, including not using the new fangled detachable sling swivels for something like a 1907 sling. Scouring the internet has turned up very little, with the only thing I can find being Grovtec 1" (machine screw forend, wood screw rear) which won't even fit a 1907 sling (1.25") and on top of that Amazon says they generally ship in 1-3 months! A little late for hunting season this year. I even tried to find a used set on Ebay and can't turn up a current listing. Am I the only one in the shooting public that is not obsessed with taking my sling on and off? Does anyone have a source for them that isnt in the $25+ range?
    Grovtec makes 1 1/4" swivels. Optics Planet sells them.
    https://grovtec.com/collections/swiv...nt=50085783060
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/grovtec...V-NDLSS-GTSW77

Boolit Master
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

PM your info and I'll send them, OP.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nagantguy View Post
    Love to see the giving nature of those who belong here! Nicely done gents!
    Thank you guys, I ordered a set from optics planet. A special thanks to Texas by God for the generous offer as well!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rwadley View Post
    Thank you!

Great people around here !!!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Great people around here !!!!
    The best! Hoping to make it to NCBS and meet some folks this spring!