Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Wideners

Thread: Went Galavanting....

Boolit Master

Went Galavanting....

Lori and I decided to go to The Cotton Pickin' Fair in Gay, Georgia. The last time we went was a few years ago before I was diagnosed with cancer. We had to park in a muddy field and had to fight to get the car out. It was crowded, but not too bad.

Today was a tad different. It was dry, so no trouble parking, but there were more people than I've ever seen at one place. It was actually difficult to walk, and I just had to walk behind Lori. We stayed about 30 minutes tops and went back towards home, stopping in Warm Springs to eat at this little dive that sells the best fall-off-the-bone ribs ever! Then we came home, Lori took a nap and I watched what was left of the Nascar race. A bit later I went to the shed and cast some boolits.... pretty good day in all......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    sounds like a pretty good day out,the wife and I are headed out Tuesday for the state fair over in perry ga. I hope its not to busy,theirs also two good places to get reloading supplies over there

Boolit Master
    We thought about heading there, it probably wasn't too much farther. We went there a few years back and saw a lot of livestock and went for a ride on the chairs over the fairgrounds.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Grand Master

Sounds like a fun day out with the Wife! Sometimes me and mine just take off and go with no plan. We'll eat in some little hole in the wall place, get out and walk around in new places, and just act like teenagers.

Boolit Grand Master

Good deer land out that way. Hunted a lottery archery at Joe Kurz WMA
    20 some years ago. Saw several does and got stung by a bunch of yellow jackets I unknowingly disturbed. Cotton pickin festival is always a good time and Warm Springs is a nice place as well
    And I agree the BBQ joint is good there. Glad you had a good time.

Boolit Master

Sounds like a good easy day! Glad you felt up to it! Everyone can use a good galavanting now and then! And that word will be in my rotation for the next few weeks so thanks for that