Load DataInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Repackbox

Thread: Marlin 1894 carrier issues

Boolit Master

Marlin 1894 carrier issues

Iv'e got an 1894cl in .32-20 and its making me nuts. Twice the carrier plunger button has come un-staked from its retaining cap and the second time it stretched out the spring so I can't just put it back together again. Are these plunger kits I see on line that use an e- clip worth it ? Will they end this pain in the neck problem?

You have me a bit confused. The carrier rocker is held in by a roll pin. The plunger button is in the mag tube. At least that is how I have always seen it.. A picture would be more than helpful. Is this a newer Remington made gun? That might explain my confusion.

The 336/1895/444 style rocker is held in with a solid or roll pin, the 1894 rocker is a stepped pin with one end peened over a washer. The aftermarket E-clip replacement style seem to hold up fine.

Boolit Master
    This one is the "improved model" because the older roll pin ones broke so often but mine still broke

Interesting, the only ones I've run across are the plunger style rockers on 1894 Marlins. Had a picture of one of mine somewhere on the puter but can't seem to find it now.

Boolit Master
    When Marlin brought back the 1894 they used the old style tab held in with a roll pin like the 336 & 1895. I had one in .357 it broke too. I think Marlin went to this design not because of breakage but its just a simpler way (cheaper) to make the part and I think its a worse design. I wish I had access to a lathe I could come up with one held in place with a lock nut or roll pin. There is a lot of room on that side of the carrier.

Boolit Master
    Well I found a plunger replacement kit from some place called sure hit sights on Monday and I hope it shows up soon.

Boolit Master
    Well here is a little update on that plunger kit. The vendor apparently is a take the money and run type cause the parts are a no show,they don't return emails or answer the phone. I had to contact my cc company after making the parts myself.